Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexuality

Newbie EverQuestJunky may be famous one day EverQuestJunky may be famous one day
    Thanks
    When I was in high school, at my lunch table, Tim (who was gay) ate with us. I never cared, he was a nice guy... I think its how you look at things, I mean if he was to hit on me back then, I would have had a problem. But being friends with those who have different sexual preferences other than myself. Is something I have never had a problem with. In my opinion to hate them for what they choose, is the same as being prejudice and hateing someone for what ethnic background they are. Its stupid, we are all human and we need to treat each other fairly as such.

Of course this is only my opinion.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    okok....here comes some religion :P
    I'm Catholic and I don't think I'm devout at all. But here's my own personal view.

Like others who have posted I have no problem with anyone who is Gay or Les or Bi, etc. And yes I have friends who are in those categories.

Fact is, the Bible says that being Gay, Les, Bi, etc. is a sin. And therefore an act against God. God doesn't HATE all people who sin, God loves everyone and as long as they're willing to repent and change their ways, God welcomes everyone with open arms. I mean there is always a limit for tolerence, and being Gay, etc is on the other side of the limit in the eyes of God. That is simply the fact. And for those who choose to believe, they will consider this their limit too.

Personally, I don't go around hating people who are Gay, etc. and thereby sin against God, I mean it's their life and they'll do what they choose to. Of course I would reason with them and tell them my point of view but in the end its their choice and I will respect it in anycase. Just like just because I don't swear I'm not gonna go around forcing everyone not to swear. Firstly it's impossible and secondly I think it's wrong.

Being Gay, Les, Bi doesn't make you any more/less human, or nice, or mean, etc. Its a choice you make about a personal preference. Just like you choose to make friends with certain people and not with others, it doesn't make you any different from your Straight friends. Just because I find out my friend is Gay, Les, Bi doesn't mean that I stop being their friend.

One more thing, some peoples comments seem to be against those who believe that being Gay, Les, Bi is wrong. Isn't that in itself, hatred towards those who have a different opinion or belief? isn't that in itself, wrong?

I'll leave it at that for now
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    okok....here comes some religion :P
    I'm Catholic and I don't think I'm devout at all. But here's my own personal view.

Like others who have posted I have no problem with anyone who is Gay or Les or Bi, etc. And yes I have friends who are in those categories.

Fact is, the Bible says that being Gay, Les, Bi, etc. is a sin. And therefore an act against God. God doesn't HATE all people who sin, God loves everyone and as long as they're willing to repent and change their ways, God welcomes everyone with open arms. I mean there is always a limit for tolerence, and being Gay, etc is on the other side of the limit in the eyes of God. That is simply the fact. And for those who choose to believe, they will consider this their limit too.

Personally, I don't go around hating people who are Gay, etc. and thereby sin against God, I mean it's their life and they'll do what they choose to. Of course I would reason with them and tell them my point of view but in the end its their choice and I will respect it in anycase. Just like just because I don't swear I'm not gonna go around forcing everyone not to swear. Firstly it's impossible and secondly I think it's wrong.

Being Gay, Les, Bi doesn't make you any more/less human, or nice, or mean, etc. Its a choice you make about a personal preference. Just like you choose to make friends with certain people and not with others, it doesn't make you any different from your Straight friends. Just because I find out my friend is Gay, Les, Bi doesn't mean that I stop being their friend.

One more thing, some peoples comments seem to be against those who believe that being Gay, Les, Bi is wrong. Isn't that in itself, hatred towards those who have a different opinion or belief? isn't that in itself, wrong?

I'll leave it at that for now
    ok two things I dissagree with homosexuality being on the other side of that limiit if I remember the bible God sees all sins equaly and all are forgiven but one and that is murder as for hatred toward those who have a different opinion I dont mind if you dont think its ok for a person to be bi les or gay but to let that affect how you act to that person is what pisses me off and can we please avoid a heated religious debate because I do enough of that at school with a hard core cathlic (if I spelled it wrong I'm sorry) who dosent even know the origian of religion and thinks chirstans are not Cathlics and hes mean about he points out I like guys everyday

well I have to go I'm not done but I thik I will be able to define my point more if people reply to this post
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Newbie Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have one or two friends who were bi, all they tried to do was turn me bi. But you can't be something your not.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hey--

I consider myself a bisexual male. Like the originator of this topic I don't see the sex as a person as a limit to emotional and physical connections that I could experience.

On the topic of whether or not g/b/l/t being wrong or such honestly the views of people have changed rapidly considering the religious directions of our societies over the last 2000 years. Especially in those that have developed with Christian beliefs at the center.

As for our society--there are a large group of people therefore there are more g/b/l/t people and the people who affect them. What bugs me a lot of the time is people whom say,"Yeah, I don't mind gays as long as they don't hit on me." I'm sorry, this is still a form a fear/hate. I'll admit it can't be comfortable, the if someone is 'hitting' on you of the same sex then why should you fear anything if you're comfortable with your preference? Maybe someone might notice and spread rumors? My point is people still use 'gay' to insult, as well, people fear the gossip that may occur with something like that is seen. That doesn't seem very fair to the people interested in you or yourself. Why should you be so self-centred?

An example, you're at a bar someone casually approaches you of the same sex and starts to chat, after a short time they mention leaving with you and going somewhere else. You're striaght. Most of you would just turn red and admit you're not interested because you're not gay. Which is fine, but throw in the location--a local dance club near a univserity or high school dance where you're surrounded by peers.

I guess I just want people to see they still carry with them a lot negitivity. Honestly, as a bi guy I've never tried to pick anyone up, then again I'm hardly aggressive but if you walk into a gay bar--expect to be fondled, talked to etc..lol..If it is a no-labels bar..Just be kind. Guys 18 to about 25 are pervs for the most part..So you'll get the few who go too far. As for girls, well, I can't give an educated opinion.

So yah, that's all I have to say about that.

[J]

"The kind, shy bi-poly guy"

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Brunette
    I have one or two friends who were bi, all they tried to do was turn me bi. But you can't be something your not.

LOL..Try and turn you?

You're right. But honestly, I think people should explore same sex at least once, if it feels totally wrong then don't be afraid to say so. If it gets annoying (in the case of friends), these people really aren't your friends.

There is no "turning". I had moment of attraction with guys when I was younger (15), but I always liked girls too. Now-a-days I feel I have to like the person, then if something clicks(phycially, emotionally), then I'll try for a relationship.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have nothing against it, I mean who am I to tell others what to do with their life. I work in increments of respect, they respect me, I respect them. I dont treat them differently then I would treat a straight person. And I dont make durogatory comments to them. I do call people "gay" or say something is gay jokingly, but everyone does that. Like I said, before its up to them. I'm not gay or bi, I'm comfortable with that and thats all that matters to me. Sexuality is all about comfort I think, but thats a whole different subject.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Delerium well worded, respect goes a long way

Before I start quoting you Arucard....it seems like you were in a bit of a rush so sorry if I misunderstood/mistook your words

Quote Originally Posted by Arucard
    ok two things I dissagree with homosexuality being on the other side of that limiit if I remember the bible God sees all sins equaly and all are forgiven but one and that is murder
    Um ok, so you're trying to say homosexuality is not a sin? Sorry, but the bible clearly states that it is. I'll give you a quote later tonight. I want to be clear, sins are forgiven if and only if you are truly repentent.
    If you meant thought I meant that homosexuality isn't forgiven, i'm sorry that's not what I meant :P I simply wanted to say that homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible.

as for hatred toward those who have a different opinion I dont mind if you dont think its ok for a person to be bi les or gay but to let that affect how you act to that person is what pisses me off
    if you're trying to say that I am "against" b/l/g then you got the wrong impression and I hope you go over what I wrote before in my post before I respond again.
    If it was just a general comment, then I agree with you, i don't agree with those who think they have to act differently to a person because they're b/l/g.

and can we please avoid a heated religious debate because I do enough of that at school with a hard core cathlic (if I spelled it wrong I'm sorry) who dosent even know the origian of religion and thinks chirstans are not Cathlics and hes mean about he points out I like guys everyday
    hrm... my only question, do you belong to a religion? not really relevant but I was just curious. And in some ways there ARE differences between Catholics and Chirstians, but if you want to know, PM me i don't want to get off topic.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast