Thread: Shadow Hearts Covenant

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks

Shadow Hearts Covenant

Has anyone here played Shadow Hearts Covenant ( shadow hearts 2 ), I have been played this title for quite some time now and am currently on the second disc of this PS2 game.

Shadow Hearts Covenant is a midway RPG and yes midway the guys that make mortal kombat, this is a very unique RPG that uses a very nice UI and the general theme of the game is very dark and atmospheric. The leading charcter has an ability to transform into monsters/demons and even more.

As i said i've been playing this title for some time and i play allot of games as i am a games tester and RPG's are my favourite amongst all the other RPG's out there im currently rating Shadow Hearts Covenant only second to Final Fantasy VII, yes i did say FFVII seriously if your looking for a great RPG to play go out and get yourself a retail copy of Shadow Hearts Covenant or for more detailed information check www.gamespot.com

I've not finished this title yet so for anyone that has played the game thats going to post please keep this spoiler free.Jan

Newbie Nurse_Komugi may be famous one day Nurse_Komugi may be famous one day Nurse_Komugi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shadow Hearts Covenant

Ive played the game and thought it was wonderful. The storyline was even better than some of the FF's plus i loved how the creaturess looked like nothing normal. also the ring gave the slight feel of LOD.

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks

I must agree, this title was better than allot of the RPG's i've played.
    The judgement ring battle system is a really nice touch to perform an attack, i really liked the new features added to SH2 such as classes of attack such as hard hit, high angle and knock down but having the ability to combo hits and magic was also a nice touch.

Does anyone know of any other decent RPG's that were reccent?because so fare this is the best thing sense FFVII IMO.Jan

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

I though that it was a pretty decent game. It doesn't make my list of favorite RPGs but it's no sloutch either.

I really like how the Judgement ring ties into everything from attacking to getting discounts in stores to using an item. This game makes sure that you're always paying attention and are aware at all times.

I love the characters. This is one RPG where there didn't seem to be a bad character. Each of them are funny and rich in personality. The story absolutely kicks ass too. Each of the character's "personals" help diffentiate between one another.

It's a little bit on the short side for a RPG though. I beat it the first time in about 30ish hours the first time through but there are enough side quests and bonus dungeons that would make your play time go into the 40s.

I would definately reccomend you picking up this game if you have love for RPGs at all. The only problem is that it may be a little bit hard to find now. I was lucky to find it used for only $19.99 at my local Gamestop.
    Too cool for a sig.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking
    It's a little bit on the short side for a RPG though. I beat it the first time in about 30ish hours the first time through
    you managed to beat Shadow Hearts Covenant in 30 hours thats quite impressive, are you sure your not mistaking the shadow hearts 1 with 2? because shadow hearts covenant ( shadow hears 2 ) this title has 2 disc's are you sure you didnt finish the first chapter out of the 3?

either way, i love this game and highly rate it.Jan

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

Errr I kinda exagerated a little bit. I should have actually checked my playtime before I actually should have posted anything. My playtime is actually 39:22 so it's pretty close to 40 hours. I suck.

And I'm 100% sure that I was talking about the 2nd one. Seeing as my game has 2 discs and all.
    Too cool for a sig.

Thanks

Btw does Shadow Hearts Covenant have any alternative engings becayse the first one had two if i remember correctly.Jan