Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shakespeare!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Shakespeare!

I live within a 40 minute drive of one of the top three Shakespearian festivals in the US. As such from the time I was 13 and my aunt paid for me to see a matinee of Midsummer I have been hooked. The festival lasts for nearly 5 months now and will probably go year round within the next 5 years.

As the season is nearly upon us I was just wondering who here has experience with The Bard and was it positive or negitive? If you do like Shakespeare please share what plays are your favorite and why. If you hate him, I ask the same.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I love Hamlet! Emotionally speaking it hit me like a sledgehammer. Oh, Hamlet....who knows what nutty adventures you'll get into next. But this one is my favorite Shakespeare writing because it was my first and the effect it had on me afterwards.
    Last edited by narrator; Apr 26, 2005 at 06:00 PM.

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    My favorite Shakespeare play is probably Henry IV Part I. I really like Prince Hal, the consumate actor and schemer. I find him very interesting as I have this thing for manipulative people who are doing what they think is for the best.

I hope to someday see it actually performed.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Otaku kenshi2885 may be famous one day kenshi2885 may be famous one day kenshi2885's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well talk about [Romeo and Juliet] sure i like Shakespeare without him there will be no poem today and they made a movie for it, not the one with "leo" on it, the old one classic and its a project for school

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    On the contrary, I find the new Romeo and Juliet movie to be awesome. Sure, it's intended for teenagers, but it has style and a good cast. It's one of my favorite movies that I like to watch over and over.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Aye I love the new Romeo and Juliet movie... I found it interesting from a story point as well as an a artistic point how the director modernised it.
    It was something different, and I think I really worked. Baz Lumaren is my favourite director after all.

I haven't read much Shakespeare... in fact, the only play I've actually read in any great detail was Macbeth, because it was one of my units of study in my final year of highschool.
    I quite enjoyed Macbeth, despite the insane amounts of times I had to read it, and the two different threatical versions I had to watch of it, but I always enjoyed English class when we would would sit around and dicuss the play.

I also like a Midsummer nights dream, and Much Ado about Nothing (that's Shakespeare isn't it?) The friends I had in highschool were quite into those two plays, randomly quoting from them too much humerous day to day effect. All the Shakespeare plays I've read or seen, all leave me with good memories in one form or other.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    I also like a Midsummer nights dream, and Much Ado about Nothing (that's Shakespeare isn't it?) The friends I had in highschool were quite into those two plays, randomly quoting from them too much humerous day to day effect. All the Shakespeare plays I've read or seen, all leave me with good memories in one form or other.
    Midsummer was the first one I saw and it held a special place in my heart for quite awile. I just love watching Puck. And yes, those are Shakespeare.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Pyro Mike may be famous one day Pyro Mike may be famous one day Pyro Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Was Shakespeare a good writer? I'd definitly say so. Is he blown way out of proportion? Definitly. His writing, although good, is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. I mean, in some schools, it is now mandatory to read a piece of Shakespearian literature each year. I've read Romeo & Juliet 3 times within my lifetime. Its overrated. I could go to the library, and find a book with more plot & keeps you intrested on just one shelf alone.
    "My balls. To do with as I please."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast