Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Age matter?

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's not really a big matter in society, it's only the type of situation that makes everything awkward at times. If there is a significant age differene between the two, then the older the two are, then less likely the relationship might seem weird to people. However,, with a significant age difference and the two being rather young.. Let's say 10 year difference between 25 and 15 yr old, then that might look a bit weird. That's why smaller age differences are less likely to receive any misconceptions because the two will always be of same age group. But for the bigger differences in age, the older the two, the better the image.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Depends on the age of the youngest member in the relation.

Most people are not ready for a serious relationship until they are between 18-21. Even then most relationships fail if entered into before the age of 21. After 21, it really doesn't matter. I found by the time I was 25 I was able to relate to just about anyone between the ages of 21 and 50.

I am older then my husband and we did date before he was 21, so I do know what I'm talking about.

As for someone dieing before you, there are no garentee's either way. You just never know.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Depends on the age of the youngest member in the relation.

Most people are not ready for a serious relationship until they are between 18-21. Even then most relationships fail if entered into before the age of 21. After 21, it really doesn't matter. I found by the time I was 25 I was able to relate to just about anyone between the ages of 21 and 50.

I am older then my husband and we did date before he was 21, so I do know what I'm talking about.

As for someone dieing before you, there are no garentee's either way. You just never know.
    Not really my great grandfather passed 7 years ago and my great grand mothers happy she still has her wit and shes funny I dont dought she misses him but life gose on you know
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that if there is a big difference in age before the younger person becomes fully grown up (like 18 or so) then it is pretty wierd indeed. But once someone becomes 18 and the couple is comfortable with the age difference then it really shouldn't effect anything (unless the difference is greater then like 10 yrs or so) I personally knew a guy who was 19 and his wife was 28 and they were very happy.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that while the age deficit is just a number, it would somehow seem not the same when a 16 is going out with a 20 year old than a 24 with 28.

Something about maturity level I guess, so did I answer the question correctly or are you asking what age is appropriate for dating??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Jay
    Newbie Jay may be famous one day Jay may be famous one day Jay's Avatar
    Thanks
    i don't think that is right for a 16 year old person to go out with some1 around 30. it just not right any way u look at it.
    why can't ppl be happy with ppl there own age? but i wouldn't kno about it as i've never been in luv with some1 before but my age gap would be around 1 or 2 years either way.

it's really up to the ppl in question,does it matter what other ppl think as long as there happy thats all it should matter

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    In my situation, my b/f's 2 years older, and that really doesn't matter. I've seen really young girls going for 25 years olds when they're 14, I've seen it.

I have had the same problem in the past, but it wasn't so much a problem. This may sound horrible for some standards, but when I was 12, ( and I wasn't 12 in my mind ) I had went out with a 19 1/2 year old guy, and we totally hit it off from the start. He was asking me for advice, and what I thought he should do in some situations, knowing I was 12. He didn't judge me, just thought of me as an adult, and I didn't see him as older, or that this was bad, just as a relationship. It worked until I moved. Strange it was, knowing how young I was, yet everything was perfect, like it wasn't creepy ^_^ Therefore I don't think age should matter, but when your parent's get involved, religion, morals, etc., then people take it seriously. I don't think it matters one bit.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    mmm....I guess not....as long as the age difference isn't too radical...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast