Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Should Age matter?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I still think the whole age thing itself has nothing to do with it. People also have different degrees of maturity in their mental attitude, not just physically. You could find a 16 yo that's as intelligent and informed as an adult, or find a 30 yo still messing around like a kid.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserD
    If an older person loves an under 16 year old, then they should wait untill the other was old enough (for sex, really). That's maturity, a bit of wisdom and definatly respect. If the under 16 refuses to see it that way then maybe she/he is probably not mature enough to be in the relationship anyway. That law is there for a reason...

Other than that, I don't see why any age gap is a problem. I think it was someone here who said real love does not discriminate.
    I have to agree somewhat. I have a great-great uncle (or something like that) who did that. He fell for his wife when she was really young (13 or younger). He waited to court her untill she was over 18. They had a really great marriage.

If they're not willing to wait until the other is older it just tells me that they don't have the maturity to make it work either.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I have to agree somewhat. I have a great-great uncle (or something like that) who did that. He fell for his wife when she was really young (13 or younger). He waited to court her untill she was over 18. They had a really great marriage.

If they're not willing to wait until the other is older it just tells me that they don't have the maturity to make it work either.
    Now that I agree upon. It's a mind thing that they be going through.
    Seduced by Flesh

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    There's no shame in that. I must agree as well, It's not really practical to think about it like a 29 yo loving a 13yo or whatever, but say like 30 liking 21, It's really no big deal.

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's not a question of age really, then it is maturity.

But in most if not all cases I would say that you shouldn't get into such a relationship until your about 20. Because otherwise it's just wrong. I mean by 20 that's about a quarter of your life gone by, and that's only if your in good health, so I think your experienced enough to make such a decision. Obviously at 20 you still have much more to learn, but still I think you can make your own choices with logic by then.

It all depends on what the person really wants, and their maturity level, though it would be quite weird to have an age limit over 10 years I would think, and even a 10 year difference is kinda pushing it.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I see nothing wrong with age differences, just as long as it doesn't verge on pedofilia. For example, someone who's 30 dating a 14 year old or something.
    But I think anything more than 10 years is a little off.

There's three years between my mum and my dad. Mum's 53 and my dad's turning 50 this year. And even through I'm not in a "relationship" with her, my friend is 18 and I'm 21, yet we get along famously.

I see nothing wrong with it... as long as it's not excessive.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    i look at it as: if u're getting something, then who cares what ppl think? unless it's like a 14 year old to a 30 year old. then that's just some nasty ass stuff goin on.

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think age does matter. Age determine your mental compacity in moral judgements. If you are very young you can be influenced by other people and situations in doing things you are not ready for. Once you know you can decided for yourself what is right for you and what is not, then that is the right age to date people older. Most of the time that is when you are around 16/18 years old. I don't believe anyone should be dating someone who is younger then 16 when the other person is over 25. Once they are an adult (18yrs) then they should have the mental compacity to decide if they want to date people who are 10+yrs older then them.

It's all about how much you can be influenced (not just sexual you pervs -_-, but sitiuations that can effect your life) and if you have the compacity to resist that and decide things for yourself.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast