Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should Doctors be made to offer treatments they think are wrong?

Otaku Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu's Avatar
    Thanks

Should Doctors be made to offer treatments they think are wrong?

This hits really close to home being a medical student. After the hospital chaplin was done lecturing to us, I told the girl sitting next to me that I would not offer an abortion to a woman who came to me. I probably would tell her that it was an option if she saw someone else. The girl told me that I was wrong and I was being a bad doctor by not offering the service myself. I believe abortions are horrible, and it would be even worse to force me to give one. Am I really wrong?

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should Doctors be made to offer treatments they think are wrong?

Depends on how the patient feels. It is not your place to judge the patient. They make these choices and as a doctor you have to preform the procedures

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

No one should force eny one to do eny thing in my opinon
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

If you sincerely think that abortion is wrong, stand firm with your opinion. You have to belief in yourself and not be swayed by other's opinion. I am catholic and I am a PRO-LIFER 100%

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

as a doctor... you are there to help the patient in any way you can...

as a human being... you want to make sure they don't make the wrong decision becuz it could hurt them...

however... you are both... thusly the issue gets tough... i would suggest... as a doctor, you tell her about the abortion... as a human, you advise her against it...

but remember, it's the patient's decision wether or not to have it... you cannot force them or unforce them... however, it may cost you your job if you refuse...

so just keep that in mind...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Go into private practice, then you can treat who you want.

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

no Doctors should not have to do what they think is wrong but some do it for a price

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

ah those money doctors...tsk tsk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast