Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Should gaming be considered a religion?

Newbie The Truth may be famous one day The Truth may be famous one day The Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Should gaming be considered a religion?

Hey y'all it's the Truth here.
    I want to know if gaming should be considered a religion? How long to u play games. Well for me I play games for a long time especially when the new Madden comes out every year.

Newbie shakie may be famous one day shakie may be famous one day shakie's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should gaming be considered a religion?

gaming as a religion is as weird as star treck or the fonz being religions.(thank futurama and family guy for those examples)

RIP EDDIE GUERRERO 1967-2005. Your in the big lowrider in the sky now, holmes.

Otaku Korovitz may be famous one day Korovitz may be famous one day Korovitz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shakie
    gaming as a religion is as weird as star treck or the fonz being religions.(thank futurama and family guy for those examples)
    damn, u said what i was going to lol. But in a crazy sense of way, i bet some people play games more than some people go to church, so in a way, gaming could be considered a religion, and a brown box (first gaming consol ever made) could be the god XD.

Newbie shakie may be famous one day shakie may be famous one day shakie's Avatar
    Thanks

if gaming was a religion, G4 would be God's tv station.

RIP EDDIE GUERRERO 1967-2005. Your in the big lowrider in the sky now, holmes.

Newbie SamIam may be famous one day SamIam may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Korovitz
    damn, u said what i was going to lol. But in a crazy sense of way, i bet some people play games more than some people go to church, so in a way, gaming could be considered a religion, and a brown box (first gaming consol ever made) could be the god XD.
    I think you might be confusing religion with addiction ... a religion in general is adherence to a particular belief or view. Addiction is a psychological or biological compulsion for something ...

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

ad·dic·tion
    n
    1. drug dependence: a state of physiological or psychological dependence on a drug liable to have a damaging effect
    2. devotion: great interest in something to which a lot of time is devoted

re·li·gion
    n
    1. religion beliefs and worship: people’s beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
    2. religion particular system: a particular institutionalized or personal system of beliefs and practices relating to the divine
    3. personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by
    4. obsession: an object, practice, cause, or activity that somebody is completely devoted to or obsessed by
    The danger is that you start to make fitness a religion.
    5. christianity monk’s or nun’s life: life as a monk or a nun, especially in the Roman Catholic Church

as you can see, there's a thin line between the two
    Last edited by Innerhell; Dec 23, 2005 at 06:28 AM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141's Avatar
    Thanks

Its addiction i think he means lol

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey gaming is a religion i mean the master chief (halo) is considered a god so yes and if one of the definitions on religion is worship then yea i worship my xbox so it is a religion dont laugh
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast