Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should I get an exchange student?

Newbie holy_tsukasa may be famous one day holy_tsukasa may be famous one day holy_tsukasa's Avatar
    Thanks

Should I get an exchange student?

My teacher might let me have an exchange student in january.
    I don't quite know what to do, I'm a freshman and it would be my first time having an exchange student.
    what should i do?
    My teacher said that I would be the only freshman with a japanese exchange student.
    Also, it would be a girl, all the boys were taken.
    I've talked to people who have gone through this before, and they just gave me negative feed back.
    life is but a short end of a blade

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Nothing wrong with an exchange student hey, and japanese thats cool u get to learn some of the language first hand, and female as well. Dam what else do u want

Newbie holy_tsukasa may be famous one day holy_tsukasa may be famous one day holy_tsukasa's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, do i have to pay for the trip?
    What am i suppose to do.
    WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO?
    life is but a short end of a blade

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Why would u pay for the trip???

They comming to u,all you do is give them board and stuff thats it

It's always good to get to knwo people from other culters it's always interesting.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    Getting an exchange student should be a good thing because you get to experience a new culture first hand. Plus its a girl! What more is there to say. Maybe she can teach some Japanese while shes stays with you.

Otaku kryptonic may be famous one day kryptonic may be famous one day kryptonic's Avatar
    Thanks
    What exactly do you do with an exchange student?
    When you're caught between Good and Evil, Make them both suffer.

Otaku Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru's Avatar
    Thanks
    I should do it! I've had good experiences with exchange students. There are ofcourse pleasant sides and less pleasant sides to it, but as far as I see it, the benefits are much greater.

You learn about a different culture, you can learn another worldcivilian about your own culture. That's the whole point of having an exchange student or being one. Not to mention that if it clicks between the two of you, you've got yourself a nice new friend!

Why should you pay for her trip? The only thing you have to offer is a nice place to stay, where she feels at home and comfortable, show her around, do nice things with her show her some things that are typical for your country. The only things you'll probably have to pay are maybe some drinks and something to eat, admission fees for things you're going to visit or something like that... depends on the situation, you're the host so be a good one!

I know, at first it's kinda scary having a total stranger in your house, but it's kinda the same for the exchange student: strange people, strange house and a foreign country with customs they're not used to... It's a new experience for the both of you, so give it a try... I know you're gonna have fun...

And yes, if this is a succes depends on how well you and the girl get along, but usually that's no biggie...

Hope this helps a bit... if you have any more questions, feel free to ask them, I would be happy to help if I can...

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I want to host a exchange student, especially a japanese girl, man I'm envying you, I can see why you're nervous. Oh man... too bad i'm chinese, what sadness. Japanese probably hate us... oh well... T_T

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast