Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should I get an exchange student?

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    ok the perv in me loves the idea if a japaness girl the wise old man in me see it as a good thing maybe she'll bring anime good anime thats not cut up or she could brind hentai thats a + in my book but I like the learning about other people the most who knows she might be a phisophical wounder

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Males are so retarded lol . I think hosting an exchange student would be an interesting and fun experience. Just remember its now always easy to live with someone you don't know and especially if they are from another culture. On the upside you do get to learn about a new culture and who knows the person might be a great.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonic
    What exactly do you do with an exchange student?
    You eat them. For breakfast. At least, that's what I did with mine.

...Not really.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    It will certainly take a lot of effort and perseverence. The benefit to you may not be as great as if you were the exchange student overseas, but if she can communicate, you could have some fun interactions. Things to consider: is your family very close? Do you have family activities? That will help her feel more secure, playing cards, going to the zoo, whatever. When is she coming? Holidays are a perfect time to compare cultures (in Japan, people seem to dress up in costumes on Christmas; in the US we just go broke). Good luck; and keep the ol' AO community in mind if you need advice.

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    "Do not live in one world"

Newbie holy_tsukasa may be famous one day holy_tsukasa may be famous one day holy_tsukasa's Avatar
    Thanks
    thanks every one.
    Also, if I were to have an exchange student. I would be sleeping in the same room as my twin sister.
    That's the down point, also she snores at night.
    I do speak japanese, it's my third year and i'm still a freshman. A lot of sophmores in my class think that impressive.
    In my family, the only activites that we do are watching movies, sparing and some times meditating.
    Last edited by holy_tsukasa; Nov 03, 2004 at 01:23 PM.
    life is but a short end of a blade

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    meditating interesting i woudln't have the patience for that hey.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Movie time could be cool (ask her if she likes popcorn...). And sparring? Wow, you guys must be into martial arts? It's possible she's like Akane from "Ranma 1/2", but don't assume that because she's from Japan that she's automatically interested in martial arts. Don't worry too much; you may find your family value is enhanced by the (temporary) addition of a new member and you'll be doing things you wouldn't normally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast