Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Should kids be arrested

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Okay a 5 year old should not be handcuffed and arrested for a tantrum. That's a little overboard. I think kids should be arrested if say a 9 year old shot his friend in the face with a gun or stabbed someone or something then yes, the kid should be arrested, but throwing tantrums is part of being a kid even if they are sometimes violent. Adults shold be able to handle that situation.

But back on subject, if a kid knowingly commits a crime that an adult would be charged with I think they should be arrested and then sent to juvenile or some other place where they can be punished for their crime up until age 16 when I think they are old enough to be sent to prison. I know not all people are raised the same way but you should know shooting or stabbing someone by age 9 or 10 is wrong.
    Agreed that is total overkill. Now a 5 year old drug dealer, while throwing a tantrum when she is drunk, and pulling a gun on the teacher is worthy of that but not just a tantrum.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thevampirealacrud
    Agreed that is total overkill. Now a 5 year old drug dealer, while throwing a tantrum when she is drunk, and pulling a gun on the teacher is worthy of that but not just a tantrum.
    Did you even REALIZE what she did?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Acting up alot... she was kicking a guy, throwing and breaking stuff EVERYWHERE, and apparently messed up EVERYONE.

How about this: (assuming you work (in an office)) what would you do if a little child came in, started wailing on everything, kicked people, threw paper (probably important paper), and you COULDN'T DO ANYTHING. What would happen? All you CAN do is call in for other people who CAN stop the child.
    There. That should solve everything. Now, no more comments on how it was just a MINOR TANTRUM.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    every tantrum is a minor tantrum cause any tantrum can be dealt with easily enough, you just need to keep calm, my dad did, he would just shut me in the garage and soon enough i stopped even during my worst of my tantrums which once inculded throwing a lump of metal at my sister and taking her out.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie Blackwar12 may be famous one day Blackwar12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    do it again but if she know there is a strict punshment for it then chances are they are less likely to do it. so if that five year old got a boot in the arse then she would know how it feels and maybe be less likely to do it again. i'm not saying that you should go spank a child for every disobedience i'm saying there should be stricter punishment allowed.

as for the situation on page one I think the police made the right decision. the kid now has a sense of what will happen later in life if she or she continues to act that way towards others. as for the locking and cuffing that was merely to make sure that he or she could not hurt anybody else and the cuffing was merely to keep him or her from flailing over the place and possibly getting hurt. "oh no you can't touch the little darlings even if he or she is beating the hell out of everybody" the world has become a brady bunch verson of itself

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks
    Unfourtuinatly something "similar" happened to me last Firday(when school got out)Ok so this is how it goes:There was this HUGE fight at my school and when it had broke out i was trying to clean out my locker....Then the police came and tried to break up the fight themselves but it didn't work so they started using tazers and pepper spray....Long story short I got hit by the tazer(and it hurt sooooo bad!)Luckly I was out before they started using pepper spray.......

I'm ♥mazing!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deaths_raver667
    every tantrum is a minor tantrum cause any tantrum can be dealt with easily enough, you just need to keep calm, my dad did, he would just shut me in the garage and soon enough i stopped even during my worst of my tantrums which once inculded throwing a lump of metal at my sister and taking her out.
    They tried for roughly 23 minutes. If you want to think of it that way, then prison is just a loooong time-out .

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    Kids are treated too nicely now a days. Through them some ridilin and therapy, they'll grow out of it. THese boys and girls need a wake up call. They need to see that our judicial system is intolerant of crimes and will not repeat the actions.
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninrev Sirgem
    Kids are treated too nicely now a days. Through them some ridilin and therapy, they'll grow out of it. THese boys and girls need a wake up call. They need to see that our judicial system is intolerant of crimes and will not repeat the actions.
    Y'know, there were a few posts like this earlier, and it brings up a good point. Assuming that you actually meant what you type (which you better own up to), then you apparently believe that one of the main ways to deal with a kid is to drug 'em to shut up. "WAAAAH! I WANT MAH MAMMA!" " Go take some ridilin!"

Have we really sunk so far that drugging is the only way to control the kids?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast