Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Should schools teach religion?

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    ah....but if you are a 20+ person using their 11 year old cousin's account. They have enough reason to shut you down.

We merely wish to know your true age so we know if you should have accumulated knowlegde on the topic or not. We'd approach it a different way. Or at least I personally would. If you're 11 years old, I would take my time to explain stuff and give you more links. However, if you were 20+ years old and arguing with us with no logic or facts....then i'd just outright give up on you. But right now, no matter what age you are, if you're hijacking an account or not....my contribution to this thread ends here.
    Yeah, in case you didn't notice, my posts were a little more... "understanding" after Arrianna pointed out the profile in question. So it does matter. And just so that I can contribute to this thread (so we're not spamming the entire thing), how about school praying? If we want to teach about religion for tolerance, does this mean praying can be allowed?
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Newbie datapimp may be famous one day datapimp may be famous one day
    Thanks
    HELL no. Let the parents teach that stuff...

Newbie Bleed Like Me may be famous one day Bleed Like Me may be famous one day Bleed Like Me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I agree with erosennin on this one, I think some teachers wouldn't be able to teach without taking some of the comments to a personal level. Religion in my opinion is personal, and teaching is one thing, but preaching's another. I totally respect getting to know the perspective of other religions, it fasinates me really, but to teach it in a country that demands religious freedom doesn't seem like a good idea.

It's a seems like a good idea, but probably won't work the way it was wanted in a real life situation. Sad but probably true.
    I think that public schools should remain the way they are, teaching what you are meant to learn in school. Since America has so many different religions, many students and teachers would take the comments personally to their religion. Since America is so diverse I don't think it would work. I don't know about other countries, because I don't know their religious bases and beliefs. Teaching about religions in public schools seems like a great idea to give students a wider view on things, but literally teaching them the religion doesn't seem like such a good idea to me. Learning about other religions would be pretty fun though.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Like Me
    I think that public schools should remain the way they are, teaching what you are meant to learn in school. Since America has so many different religions, many students and teachers would take the comments personally to their religion. Since America is so diverse I don't think it would work. I don't know about other countries, because I don't know their religious bases and beliefs. Teaching about religions in public schools seems like a great idea to give students a wider view on things, but literally teaching them the religion doesn't seem like such a good idea to me. Learning about other religions would be pretty fun though.
    Well, I think that we ARE getting taught religion, at least in my school. We learned about the three main religions in World History.

Nothing's wrong with teachers. I don't know why everyone is being so uptight and talking about how all teachers would be subjective about religion. Here's a fact: teachers are HUMAN. They always HAVE been very subjective about things, and they ALWAYS WILL BE.

Yes, I know, some teachers try to be objective, but we ALL know it doesn't work.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Well, I think that we ARE getting taught religion, at least in my school. We learned about the three main religions in World History..
    Are you now a church boy ? or maybe a pope ?
    It seams like you know more then a bishop.

Wanna learn religion ? Go to your local church. They will teach da stuff to you for FREE ! Get your diploma after graduation at your local church and search for a job

You can call your self a ¨successful¨ person
    Last edited by ???; Jun 04, 2005 at 12:38 AM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    Are you now a church boy ? or maybe a pope ?
    It seams like you know more then a bishop.

Wanna learn religion ? Go to your local church. They will teach da stuff to you for FREE ! Get your diploma after graduation at your local church and search for a job

You can call your self a ¨successful¨ person
    Dude, that makes no sense.

Do you even know what a Bishop is?
    And what does having a (?) Diploma have to do with "success"? (What kind of Diploma are you even refering to?)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I think that we ARE getting taught religion, at least in my school. We learned about the three main religions in World History.
    well i definitely get taught religious in my school, and for some reason it only focuses on christianity, and even though i am of no designated religion i find that offencive, the oppinions of people from any religion is just as important as those from another no matter the size of their religion
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie 100% may be famous one day 100% may be famous one day
    Thanks
    What do you mean by 3 MAIN religions ?
    What are the 3 MAIN religions you are referring to ?

You are insulting other cultures ! Not only you know BS. It is not right. No religion is better then others.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast