Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Should schools teach religion?

Newbie Lady_[AnimeLord] may be famous one day Lady_[AnimeLord] may be famous one day Lady_[AnimeLord]'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should schools teach religion?

I think in every-school, there should be 1 religion and teach the kids about it. Just like christian schools, but it's part of 1 subect. and other school teach only jewish, and other schools teach cath., and so on.
    Signature cannot process colors, please remove coding and read rules pertaining to signatures -AO Staff

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yz_Gurlie
    And alot of people here are saying that if they want to learn religon they should go to christan and/or private schools. Christan private schoold cost a lot of money.
    my point, not that many ppl have money for those kinds of schools, that's why they have churches, practice your religion in ur church!
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have to say no. There are a lot of people in the world that do not believe in God, and want to stick with that. A while ago they debated to whether they should say the Pledge of Allegiance in school.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

World politics/Gov/History should be a requirement in every school. Religion is a part of every government even if only to the extent of establishing a seperation between the two. All nations in the world today have a national currency, song, flag, language, and religion. We need to understand the people running the world (even if this only means a seat at the UN) in order to gain perspective on current events. how can we understand them if we know nothing of their culture and religion is always a cornerstone of culture. To teach does not mean to convert it means to inform. Teachers should lay out the facts for educational purposes while parents should be responsible for teaching their children morality and or religion.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie kiara may be famous one day kiara may be famous one day kiara's Avatar
    NY USA hanging out with the teen titans lol
    Thanks

think that reeligon should not be forced upon people at public schools. Iv's been to 5 different schools in my life going to my 6th one next year all which until next year have been private schools. personally from my experience i think all religion is crap. Especially since if you've ever thought about it why do half the wars we fight around the world happen it's because of religion. i find catholicism no (offense to anyone) to be the worst type of religion out of all the ones i've seen given it's not a lot and there are a crapload of religions out there. I still stay to it but after going to a catholic school for the past 6 years i've found a lot of it to be brainwashing more then anything else. I mean you go to mas you hear the same thing every time your there over and over again. PlUS THERES ALWAYS THAT FACTOR THAT RELIGION IS MAN MADE IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD IT WASNT MADE BY HIM!!!. Now believing in the bible i can find that real because it was inspired by god for certain people to write it. Now the other question I find it wrong that catholicism has all the power over everything with the pope and those newly discovered scrolls for isaih that the catholic church has found that wont share with anyone especially it's OWN MEMBERS!!! i mean how dense do you have to be

anyway i'll get off the subject of catholicism bashing lol for the record i have been a christian for the first 8 years of my life lol half my ife but i'm no longer one but i do believe in god. just not religion it's more political now then religious. anyway they should have a course you can take for religion at public schools like my new public school has but it shouldnt be forced upon other students like me who dont believe in religion as to me it's all a piece of trash and a way to wager wars against other people/countries

Newbie Elfy may be famous one day Elfy may be famous one day Elfy's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont agree with school teaching religion as there's such diversity of religions in the world today.
    Personally I always haed sitting through religion classes at school, considering they taught Christianity and I'm a Pagan, It just never interested me. If they're teaching about all other religions and what they believe as well as Christianity then I don't have an issue.
    *Signature WAY WAY WAAAAY too big, maximum size is 450x110, please make the neccessary ajustments. -AO Staff*

Newbie tWoL8 may be famous one day tWoL8 may be famous one day tWoL8's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think that this is a good topic for public discussion, it is more of a topic for small groups, since it is very personal. but i dont think that they should have taken religion out of schools in the first place. if they hadn't you wouldnt see as much of the corruption that you see today. i am a baptist and believe that you should try to reach as many as you can. so, catholocism shouldn't be the center of the idea of religion, seeing as some of its practices are false and very misleading. dont mean to piss any one off but thats my view.

Newbie oOLittleFairyOo may be famous one day oOLittleFairyOo may be famous one day oOLittleFairyOo's Avatar
    Thanks

i have always gone to a catholic school but i personally think that if u want to be taught about religion then u should go to church or whatever other kind of worship ceremony other religions have...thats the best way to learn about a religion. i have never actually seen the point of ANY of my religion classes! its basically just history and stuff i hear at church! and if u dont belive in ANY kind of god or spirit then u dont have to go to church or anything and u shoudlnt have to sit through any type of religion class...thats just stupid (unless u want to ofcourse but...yea)

~i dont need the earth...i have a place in the sky~
    thanks socketto 4 the sig

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast