Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18

Thread: Should schools teach religion?

Otaku Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should schools teach religion?

exactly my point but this change would would take 30 to 40 years min.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont believe in the public school system

sorry lol

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

All the different religions (apart from mine, Buddhism, which had almost no follower at my old school) and a course of morals were present as courses at my old school. There were no problems between the different courses. One point though, I live in Europe.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: Should schools teach religion?

I don't think that they should teach it because it wouldn't really be any good...I mean you go to school to learn about other stuff like math and science not to learn what will happen when the ends comes or in my case because the government forces you to go..
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

We have a bit of religion in some of our classes. Of course classes like international studies teaches religions of the many countries. There can be religious clubs in school (as long as they are before or after school) But to have a CLASS teaching religion shouldn't be allowed, unless it's in a private religious school. Sure it teaches good values. But it should be the parents teaching their kids these values, not math and science teachers. It would just be troublesome.
    It works in a country like Malaysia, where most of the kids in school are Muslim, and we have Islamic Studies classes, while the chinese and indians leave the classroom to go for their Moral class. But in America, there are just too many different types of people, and too many different types of beliefs.
    If you want your kids to learn moral values, then why not just have a Morals class?
    関西は最高やねん

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The answer is no, Weather you are religious or not it is not in the best interests of your children to have it taught to them in school. I have never had a teacher (college level classes) that when they taught were objective in the material, rather they taught more from what they thought rather than even what the religion may teach. I had one teacher (an atheist) that the only reason he taught religion was so he could "disprove" it. In my opinion if you want your child exposed to it then expose them to religion the right way. Take them to church, a synagogue, temple, etc... and let them hear that way. All religions have some detail of them in a written format so let them read. It is a parents responsibility to teach their child right from wrong, not pass the buck and then wonder why they went wrong and further more realize that religion may only provide the answers, you still have to practice it for them to work.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Should schools teach religion?

well, it really depends if it's public or private...private schools are the ones who practice Christianity..and public schools are for the ones who don't wanna be involved in Christianity...

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

To tell a person that this is what you should beleive is not teaching its preaching and that should be left out of the school system. To teach students "this is what ______ beleive and this is what ______ beleive" without bias would be benificial to all students regardless of their personal religion/beleifs. it would also be a great platform to teach tolerance.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18