Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Should schools teach religion?

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't believe schools should teach religion, especially because, they would have to make a religion's class for it to cover all of them. It's up to the parents to teach their children about religion, although parents these days are very bad parents and they don't do their jobs right, but none-the-less, the issues of religion fall into the hands of parents not the school system. Besides, the school system today is frequently DOING the parents jobs, I cannot tell you how much i hear teachers complain that they are just babysitting parents kids. It's the parents that need to change, which will then change the kids.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    I don't believe schools should teach religion, especially because, they would have to make a religion's class for it to cover all of them.
    Actually all they would have to do is put it back in the History classes where it belongs.

I have a unique perspective on this since I had a History teacher in High School who actually taught us about both the Torah and the Quran at the risk of his job. He probably would have lost it too if he hadn't also been a football coach. Out of the 40 kids in my class none of us were Jewish or Muslim but 70-80% of us got A's on the tests for those chapters. We learned something and it didn't hurt us one bit. Call me strange but I believe that that is what school is supposed to be for, teaching and learning.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    I aready have it, and it aint fun believe me.

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    What's wrong with our current system of keeping it out of the schools? I really doubt it'll enhance the moral fiber of anything. I can see and agree with it being taught from a historical perspective, but otherwise I'm not sure where else it fits in.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Otaku Nameless may be famous one day Nameless may be famous one day Nameless's Avatar
    Thanks
    That kind of teaching are very boring. But even though its not that fun It is still for our own benefit. We are able to reach heaven because of Religious teachings.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    No I dont think they should. Its too much of a touchy subject. I think once you get in college then its ok, but before that it could cause some problems. I think keeping religion out of schools is smart and should continue to be reinforced.

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    That kind of teaching are very boring. But even though its not that fun It is still for our own benefit. We are able to reach heaven because of Religious teachings.
    What's heaven? I'm a stone cold atheist.

Well actually, I'm not. But saying "we are able to reach heaven" doesn't mean much to some people. That's my point.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_glaive
    What's heaven? I'm a stone cold atheist.

Well actually, I'm not. But saying "we are able to reach heaven" doesn't mean much to some people. That's my point.
    I just think you proved that it doesn't hurt to be educated as well.

I once ran into a teenager who had never even heard of Jesus. I can only imagine how confusing some of the social/political discussion was to her. In todays world I don't think there is any excuse for not knowing who the following are:
    Jesus
    Mohammad
    Buddah
    Darwin

(Yes, I know Darwin is a scientist. But I have met people who rever their scism of his work the same way Buddists do with Buddah.)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast