Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Should schools teach religion?

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think that schools should teach religion BUT THEY SHOULD TEACH MORE THAN ONE, i get so annoyed with the fact that we only study christianity in our school, there are hundreds, thousands of diferent cultures out there, and we get told about one, possibly two. i'm sorry for my language but what the F.U.C.K. it really gets on my tit's
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Honestly the private schools ive been to ever since kindergarden have been bias because they were all catholic schools..now if i would have been to public schools i would have a different outlook on things that wouldnt necessarily agreed with what my school teaches...though i still believe that religion should be practiced and taught in schools, it still is a good/bad idea..kinda like a double edged sword..so it depends on how YOU look at it..there are good effects and bad effects to doing so..

Newbie hotaru may be famous one day hotaru may be famous one day hotaru's Avatar
    Thanks
    i dont think its a good idea, because therre are so many different religions in the world today.. and its better if its kept out of the school system.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hotaru
    i dont think its a good idea, because therre are so many different religions in the world today.. and its better if its kept out of the school system.
    now this is a good idea, but there is one problem, where do children get there knowledge of different ways and beliefes? even though some religions may preach at your door there are many religions that won't as they respect that some people may not like this. and with out knowledge there is ignorance and intollerance. it needs to be kept in so that children can understand that there is a giant multitude of cultures out in the world, and that theirs is ot neccasarily right.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie Grizzley may be famous one day Grizzley may be famous one day Grizzley's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Religion in schools

The hole religion in schools is a touchie subject I think that the public schools should leave it alone. I went to prive school for nine years and it was the most stiffuling years of my life ,and then when I went to public school and I was free to what ever religion I wanted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesummers
    No, they have the rest of their lives going to church on Sunday's to learn about their religion.
    yes, but then they can only learn about one religion, where as they need to be taught a wide range of divers religions to learn tolerance of others beliefs
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks
    nope. Religion is your choice you should research all religions and pick one or don't have one at all. Schools would leave things out or only express their opinions and it would be really one sided
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you want your kids (or if your a kid and want it) - thats what private schools are for. Public schools are PUBLIC for a reason. They are unbiased in pretty much every way. So yeah.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast