View Poll Results: should we bring our troops back?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

22 62.86%
  • no

10 28.57%
  • i don't no???

2 5.71%
  • other

4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: should we bring our troops back?

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should we bring our troops back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sato_ZETA
    in media's eyes you saw. But killing a 1000 civilians by US troops is way too horrific than Saddam and his crap. The US government hates muslims those are the facts the US sacrificed american blood for the forced state of Israel. It may not make sense of what I'm saying but with dedicated research you will catch on.
    Actually, you sound like you got your information from the National Enquirer or some shit.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    If none of you are political figures, I don't think you should be second guessing their reasoning behind sending the troops there in the first place. I don't say this to be a dick, I say it because what we've done there is dramatically improve their government and Iraq's future generations' lives. We've lost some people over there, but if they weren't ready for it, they shouldn't have been in the military. Dying for your country is an honor, not something you want somebody to use to talk about your home country's government in a bad way. They should be honored by us and mourned by their family. When all is said and done, they did what they wanted to do, and isn't that what matters?
    All true. except one small detail. The men who died in Iraq didn't just do it for their country. Granted that was part of it, but they also did it for the freedom of the Iraqi citizens as well as those they loved back home. Ask yourself one question. what is worth dying for? If your answer is only for yourself then you agree with our soldiers. You are why they are there, for YOU!
    And as a soldier that has been to the middle east I just want to say thanks to those who agree or just understand why we do what we do.

On a side note. I recently saw The President speak here in Idaho. While standing in line I saw something that made time stand still for a moment. While waiting in this horribly long line we made our way past dozens of protesters. One in particular had a sign that had a piture of a young man in uniform on it. With the picture were the words "Bring my son home". A friend of mine also in the service approached this woman and asked her one simple question. What would your son say if he knew you were here protesting the very thing he is laying his life down for? Her answer was silence, she was speachless. He went on to answer his own question. Your son would be happy to know you are using the rights that he is fighting to obtain for the people of Iraq. A few short moments later she embraced my friend and fell into tears. She then threw her sign away and went home with only two words to give to my friend. "Thank you"

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie Andi-san may be famous one day Andi-san may be famous one day
    Thanks

ya, i think we need to bring our troops back. i think it's somthing worthless...the war.
    konitchi wa,
    fave food is chokoreeto; i even drink hotto chokoreeto in the winter. i use to ride a basu but they cut the basu service for me. i just got penpals yesterday.
    later,
    andi-san

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to put this quote from the Soldier's Creed:

...I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
    I am an American Soldier.
    This is what goes through evey soldiers mind when they go into war. They are guardians of freedom. They have to stay in Iraq because there is freedom is not secure. It's their mission to guard freedom no matter how long it takes.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andi-san
    ya, i think we need to bring our troops back. i think it's somthing worthless...the war.
    so, does that mean the reason we have the war is also worthless....we should just throw away freedome because it's worthless? We should not stand up to terrorisim because the lives we protect are worthless? We should just tell the Iraqi peope that they are worthless as well?

Look GW Bush stated a lot of reasons for the war not just a Iraq link to 9/11 (which he never said, by the way). I don't know if you actually know this or not, but the Gulf War was never officially ended....we've been at war with Iraq for 15 years now. Sadam was always the aggressor and frequently fired missles at our air planes patrolling the UN sanctioned "No Fly Zone". Sadam had chemical weapons that he never accounted for...despite the UN telling him frequently that he needed too. Sadam was told to disarm multiple times...he never did. It's never been proven that Sadam was not trying to buy Yellowcake Uranium for a nuclear program...yet the intellegence GW Bush quoted in his state of the union address is still supported by the very countires we got it from (Brittian, France, Italy, and Spain). All those countires still stand by their intell that Sadam was shopping for Uranium to make Nukes with. Sadam made many threats aginst the US and would have attacked us directly if he felt he could have gotten away with it.

But he didn't. Instead he got together with Terrorists and funnled money and weapons to them. No, there was no connection between Iraq and 9/11...but Bush never said there was. He said there was a connection between Iraq and Al Quida...which there was and the 9/11 commission even said so. If Sadam is funnelling weapons, troops, and cash to terroists and providing them with training bases then we have a ligitimate cause to continue the agression in a war that never ended.

Even the vaunted Democrat leadership understands the danger that Sadam was to the world (and to the US). The only one who said he wasn't a danger to the US was Howard Dean - who found himself on a very lonly rope as his democrat friends would not back him up.

Now, are you going to tell me that Sadam was not a danger to the Iraqi people, the united states, and the World? Are you going to disagree with the known world (except Howard Dean) and side that Sadam was not a threat to anyone but a peaceful president illegally and unethicly disposed?

Yes, many people have died in this war? But who has been the agressor? It's not been the United States. We are trying to improve a country and allow Iraqi's to rule themselves through a democrocy. Yet, it is the terrorists who stand in the way of that. The terrorists are the problem and the cause of the chaos over there. Bringing our troops home would be the most dangerous thing we could ever do. Instead of creating a peaceful place in the Islamic world we'd be creating an even more dangerous breeding ground for terrorists and a nation state that could be openly hostile to us.

That is not protecting the United States.

I've given my reason why the war is right...kindly give your reasons why you feel the war is worthless.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

i saw we should atleast try to bring like one group back at a time. like one group one month another, another month. and if we cant bc i know the jobs not done we should atleast try to hurry the processe up. maybe we can help the government of iraq with maybe some troups (if we arnt already) and protect it. then when they get there troups we will only have a few groups over there. or atleast take back the troups not needed for this mission. atleats bring back the ones that can come home. thats what i think anyway.

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

lol everyday a soldier of our side dies, i think we should bring them back, the war is over isn't? The whole point of declaring war was to overtrown Hussein from power not to make our troops to live there for almost 4 years.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

We have been rotating troops in and out of Iraq the whole time. The number of troops we have there are what we need to get the job done....and some generals are asking for MORE. We are helping to protect the Iraqi government and even training their security forces to be able to protect themselves. We've done everything you've suggested...but the job is still not done.

GW Bush never said this was an 'in and out' job. he down right told us that it would be long, hard, and a large sacrifice. But I guess in today's "instant gratification" mentality the war isn't over in 1 hour or less like on TV so we must be doing somthing wrong.

It took 7 years for us to rebuild Germany and Japan. We are Way ahead of scheduel in Iraq.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast