View Poll Results: should we bring our troops back?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

22 62.86%
  • no

10 28.57%
  • i don't no???

2 5.71%
  • other

4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: should we bring our troops back?

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should we bring our troops back?

I said other because it depends.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    We have been rotating troops in and out of Iraq the whole time. The number of troops we have there are what we need to get the job done....and some generals are asking for MORE. We are helping to protect the Iraqi government and even training their security forces to be able to protect themselves. We've done everything you've suggested...but the job is still not done.

GW Bush never said this was an 'in and out' job. he down right told us that it would be long, hard, and a large sacrifice. But I guess in today's "instant gratification" mentality the war isn't over in 1 hour or less like on TV so we must be doing somthing wrong.

It took 7 years for us to rebuild Germany and Japan. We are Way ahead of scheduel in Iraq.

well if we're ahead of scehduale in iraq then thats a good thing. but no one ever expects a war to last a long time. well maybe they do but 4 years. and the war is mostly over. now we're just helping train and protect the iraqi government. thats fine but i wish to know why our men keep dieing on this job. this isnt very hard if we're just training them. protecting them i understand bc of drive bys and other horrific acounts on other people fighting each other and our troops but i also think that the iraqi government should get some of there own men to help our troops if thats not already in effect! it just seems to me that only our amereican troops are fightinh to protect iraq and the iraqi people arnt doing a thing.

plz inform me otherwise if i am wrong on this part.

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akurei Kakudo
    but i also think that the iraqi government should get some of there own men to help our troops if thats not already in effect! it just seems to me that only our amereican troops are fightinh to protect iraq and the iraqi people arnt doing a thing.

plz inform me otherwise if i am wrong on this part.
    Ever feel like you're being doubleteamed?

You're wrong.
    For one thing the US is not the only country with troops there. We will probably be the last ones out though. There are Iraqi forces and police who deal with the same things are troops are every day. The "Insurgency" (read, remnants of the previous government, terrorists looking for a target, and paid criminals) targets the Iraqi forces as well as the occupying forces. Police stations especially are targeted since they will do anything to try and prevent peace and order from being established.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Ever feel like you're being doubleteamed?

You're wrong.
    For one thing the US is not the only country with troops there. We will probably be the last ones out though. There are Iraqi forces and police who deal with the same things are troops are every day. The "Insurgency" (read, remnants of the previous government, terrorists looking for a target, and paid criminals) targets the Iraqi forces as well as the occupying forces. Police stations especially are targeted since they will do anything to try and prevent peace and order from being established.

yes i do arrianna very much so. but your doing a good job of it too!

ah ok. well that clears things up much more. thankx! but do we have the most troops in iraq so far? thats what im only hearing. if so why wont the other countrys help out more?

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of the countries in there have actually sent a large number of their military. You just have to realize that what is a large number for other countries is a drop in the bucket for the US. I imagine it comes of being one of the largest countries in the world.

They do what they can. Personally I appreciate every effort.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

We'll, you know when the couple your tangling with are married...

No, we have allies there (last count about 65 diffrent countries) but not all of them have troops on the ground. The three countires with the most that I remember is Brittan, Astrallia, and Japan. The others are much smaller countries that are helping financially or with training. Even the UN is helping with Training. we have allies...it's just that we are in the best position to help (with troops and financial assets) so we do the most.

People die because of the terrorist attacks. The terrorists are desprate to get us to withdrawl our troops because if we succeed in Iraq we do two things

1. Deny them of a very valualbe base of operations
    2. Prove that Islam can co-exisist with Democacy.

Both of those would hinder Al Quada very badly.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    People die because of the terrorist attacks. The terrorists are desprate to get us to withdrawl our troops because if we succeed in Iraq we do two things

1. Deny them of a very valualbe base of operations
    2. Prove that Islam can co-exisist with Democacy.

Both of those would hinder Al Quada very badly.
    lol they attack our troops because USA has invaded their country, it is natural for people from that country to do such of things.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Though I realize that President Bush is doing this for at the very least what seems to be the right reasons... For some reasons he's bearing a familiarity to Alexander the Great with the implementing of his government and what not. Asking that if they give up they may govern themselves and all that.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast