Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Should We Give The Homeless A Dime?

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm. How many of you, I wonder, have ever had to dumster dive? How many of you, I wonder, have a dibilitating mental disorder like schizophrenia that keeps you from work and any stable living situation? How many of you, I wonder, would even give to a charity if you had money simply falling out of your pockets?

You say it's better to buy them food or clothing, but how many of you have ever run into a store after seeing a man lying in the sidewalk to buy him a loaf of bread or a new pair of gloves? Homeless people die in droves every year from drugs, violence, starvation, and disease. Every single one of these things can be helped, but very few of us ever stop to think of the implications behind our inaction. "He'll use it on something stupid," as if we know the wretch, how he came to live on the streets, and what his aweful habits are. "I have better things to spend it on" better things than the wellbeing of your fellow man, apparently.

I completely agree that charity and most especially shelters and soup houses are the way to go, but the fact of the matter is most of us wouldn't spare a nickle for the impovershed if we had a hundred dollars in our back pocket.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    when i see someone that i think is broke, i offer them to go to a restuarant... or to a grocery store...
    NEVER give money to strangers.... that's like saying hey i got money... come and mug me. o.o
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie silverayne may be famous one day silverayne may be famous one day silverayne's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have seen many people false being poor and such.... but... I don't like to take the chance. A dollar is what I usually give, even if the recipient really didn't need the dollar I feel like as if i was doing something good anyways. Maybe my karma will reach back to me.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I have mostly heard about people faking being on the streets and are actually there to get money for a relative around the corner and handing them money!

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai's Avatar
    Thanks
    i can't tell when they are fake or not so i rather not give sometimes, esp since my cousin got tricked but not by a homeless. She was on holidays and this old woman went up to her asking for charity with a money box and free toy. my cousin give her some money like a fiver probably and got the toy as well. round the corner a man shouted at her sayin she got conned cos the woman was a fake. she was embarassed and the toy wasn't even worth that much. So u can never tell whether to give money or not
    Signature exceeds limits and has been deleted by Hassun

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I will give them some change or a dollar if I could spare it but nothing significant. Nothing that would actually do anything for them. Just something to keep them off me. I admit mostof the time I just keep on walking. There are plenty of places they could go to get help, whether its pride or ignorance holding them back I dont know, but they could get help if they really wanted it.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    what was that quote... "give a man a fish and he may eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he may eat for a lifetime."

The end is important in all things.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've never given homeless money. I've always given food. Homeless do too many things for me to trust them with money. They can do whatever they want with food though.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast