Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Should We Give The Homeless A Dime?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    True!!! It does seem to be a better opition.

There is a person on my high street who sits out lloyds bank every day trying to sell the Big Idea magazine (I don't know if people in the USA sell magazines) but I find it really hard to walk pass her because I know she is trying to build her life back but something makes me weiry of she is doing, although people give her the magazine to sell where I think she might staying in a hostel or something. I dunnot really because in a way we get something in return, a magazine that is not really read widely in Uk but it does help people to get money and build on a career and a life.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I dont know about u but yea...most of the time when my parents see someone who is poor or "supposedly" poor....we give them about 20 bucks...but then again..i guess my parents are jus like that...i would give them money...but i dont have a job...and i wouldnt give them that much...but about 10 bucks is probly the highest amount i would give..

Newbie Croquet may be famous one day Croquet may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Eh, I figure that whether or not someone on the street is the "Real deal" or not doesn't matter, If they're willing to degrade themselves by begging for money, I'm willing to toss a quarter their way every once in a while.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    i wouldn't give them a dime because everyone struggles to make it, and that's just how it is in the cities. i've lived, worked and gone to school in San francisco where I saw homeless and messed up people everyday and night i stepped out of my apartment. they live off tourists who don't know better and it perpertuates a problem.

if you feel like giving money, there are plenty of soup kitchens, shelters and mental hospitals that actually do need it more. some homeless actually get cash allowances, food stamps and quite honestly need more medical attention than they need a penny.

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I have to say that I don't usually help people who beg on the street...but last week, a man was standing outside of a store where I was going in and he was selling newspapers that talks about life on the streets. Obviously, he was a homeless man and was given an oppertunity with this job. I felt bad watching all those people either coming in or out of the store and not stopping to buy one. The obviously had money if they we're shopping or planning to shop. I thought it was selfish of them and I really didn't want to be like them, so I reached in my wallet and payed the man. It might be silly, but I felt a whole lot better after doing it. So yes, I think you should help the homeless, but like many other people said in this forum, sometimes money isn't enough but when you're on the streets, money might be all you have...Unless you work for a shelter, you don't usually carry around with you blankets or food, so I'd say that sparing a little change isn't the end of the world.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've only given one homeless woman money and that's because she was really friendly and I was feeling generous. Otherwise I won't give them a second glance or a dime. I've been attacked far too often by homeless people (twice which is too much to me) and I'm tired of it. If they want food they can go to a homeless shelter or soup house. I'm not giving them my hard earned cash to go blow on drugs or alcohol and even if they aren't going to spend the cash on that I don't want to anyways. I don't care if I seem cruel or mean, there's way too many of them in this city and they harass a lot of people. I would give a homeless person food though, if I had any on me to spare. But not money.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I would never give a homeless person money directly. Maybe a donation to a shelter, but never directly, just because it might be some jerk who poses as a homeless person just to make money.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    i give them money sometimes. the guys or girls that'll play instruments and stuff after baseball games or seomthing, i give them money all the time. they're just trying make a few extra dollars shoin off somet talent. i find nothing wrong with that. there was one guy who was playing the simpsons theme song. i threw a 5 and a 10 in there. i know it wasn't smart but i enjoyed it. and i thought he deserved it. besides, he needed a shower anyways. so i say, take a damn chance!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast