Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should we have two Presidents?

Newbie dragonhead33 may be famous one day dragonhead33 may be famous one day dragonhead33's Avatar
    Thanks
    gee i i dont know

come in join the fun
    i think its good to have 2 presidents
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 30, 2005 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Don't Double Post

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Should we have two Presidents?

sure...why not...sounds good to me..

Otaku darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should we have two Presidents?

I think if we had 2 presidents there would be too much confusion too! If ya think about it when they do a bill it has to be passed by him and if ya had 2 of em and one agreed and the other dissagreed what would you do!
    This is the code of honor: A wounded man says to his assaliant if i live i will kill you and if i die you are forgiven: Thus this is the code of honor!

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks

I see where you're going with the two president thing, but the reason we have a president is so in case of emergency we can make important decisions quickly and without endless debate. If you'd like to take power away from the individual... well, in times of peace we don't need the president anyway, and you could argue that we could just have a republic. It's in times of crisis that we need one strong person to guide the country, and that's where the president comes in. So in that sense, i'm not really sure we ought to change the setup much.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...so president's are only good for war, eh? My, we better drum up the war engine every 4 years then. Ofcourse the constituion has other things to say about the president's duty:

From the Constitution

Article 2: Section 2

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

Section. 3. He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.
    Sounds to me like he has his hands full with more then just bombing other countires.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think we need to presidents but if we (the country) want a second one than go ahead be my guest I don't care.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

IT IS A BAD IDEA.

(Oh, what would Jefferson say?)

Look, our system's not broke, don't screw it up!! Two presidents will only gum up the time it takes to make descions, which is already too slow for us! If you were to have two presidents that both have exactly the same powers, it's useless. There's no point.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure. We should have 2 presidents. Hell, why not have a team of presidents? They'll all make decisions and to find out which one they go with, they'll have a paper, rock, scissors tournament. This is the future of our country. I can see it now....
    How about anyone with the ability to do so gets their lazy ass up and voting for the RIGHT president for the country. While we're at it, how about we read and do research to find out who the right president for this country is. That way, when tabloids n other media say what they have to say about the current president you can be like "Heh, I already knew that. I researched before I voted." Instead of going "OMG! That's horrible! We need 2 presidents!"
    I guess it would suck to actually know what you're voting for....
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Nov 05, 2005 at 02:44 PM.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast