Thread: Similar Movies

Newbie Antfly may be famous one day Antfly may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question Similar Movies

If you like Ninja Scroll, the story, the Characters, the creatures and mystic. And of course the ninja concept.

What other movies, very similar to this one would you recommand ?

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Similar Movies

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust is a movies I enjoyed as much as Ninja Scroll. In fact, VHD: Bloodlust and Ninja Scroll are both directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri (and from what I remember, he also shares the writing credit for both movies too). However, no ninja in Bloodlust. The original Vampire Hunter D might also be a good choice, though I prefer Bloodlust.

"Ninja concept"-wise, I could recommend Yotoden: Wrath of the Ninja. Actually, I don't think the movie of Yotoden is as good as the OVA series (the movie is just a cut up and condensed version of Yotoden with a few new scenes) but since you are looking for movies it still might be a good choice. It gets a lot of flak, but it isn't that bad (and the OVAs - which are only on VHS right now I believe - are excellent in my opinion).

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Similar Movies

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you like 'Ninja Scroll' the movie, then you should try 'Ninja Scroll' the TV series, a direct sequal of the Movie...

Urban Vision Official 'Ninja Scroll TV' Website...
    http://www.ninja-scroll.com/
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku