Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sin City

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Sin City

I ve been patiently awaiting this movie since I first heard about it being made some time last year. With Tarantino and Rodriguez attached along with a stunning cast how could it not be amazing. Everything I have seen on it so far looks top notch and beautifully done. I've read some of the comics from my dad's collection and I remember liking them, hopefully the movie will be just as good although I have no doubt that it will be and then some.

WHta do you guys think of it? I know you've had to see the trailers on tv or at the movies sometime. Its been getting alot of plugs lately.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sin City? Whats that? Never heard of it to make a LONG story short...... I've been waiting about 7 motherf*cking years for this moment. And on friday i'm going to watch the film until my eyes bleed an ocean. That answer enough for ya?

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    That answer enough for ya?
    Haha, yesh kid... I can't wait !!! AHHHHHH !!! Sin City looks so insane, a movie I would definitly freak about... I love those directors/ producers, and the cast... not to mention the comics.... haha, I can't believe they made it into a movie.... I' m almost excited as much as I am about Aeon Flux becoming a movie !!! Of course on Friday.... of course.... I will go ! INDEED !!

much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Can hold Myself to see this movie. I'm almost at my hand bone by waiting. I have to bite something else cause it must be bad for my health to do so.....
    Coming soon.........

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    And on friday i'm going to watch the film until my eyes bleed an ocean.
    Yesss let the burning sensation take control!

But I have a question, will this still be a good watch for someone who has never read the comics (like me)?

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    omg yes it will. trust me. ive been waiting for a long time for a good marvel movie to come out (i didnt really like spiderman) and hopefully either sin city or fantastic four (doubt the ladder one will be anygood) will change my whole perspective on things.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun

But I have a question, will this still be a good watch for someone who has never read the comics (like me)?
    That's why this movie looks so special. Now I cant confirm it'll be good for those who know nothing about the comics, but it looks like it could stand alone as its own movie without the cmoic legacy if it had to. It looks powerful. I think it'll come off in a similar way to Pulp Fiction in the ways the stories are told. I think anyone who just loves action flicks should be able to watch this....dont think theres that much extra that needs to be known. Just have fun with it.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun

yeah you really dont have to read the comics to get the film, because early word of mouth is that it follows the 4 graphic novels very heavily, almost frame by frame and line by line....so watching the film is basically reading all 4 novels in a broken up way. FYI, if anyone else would like to pick them up...the Sin City novels the film is based on are "The Hard Goodbye" "The Big Fat Kill" "That Yellow Bastard" and a few short stories from "Booze,Broads & Bullets"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast