Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sin City sequel planned

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Sin City sequel planned

"May 19, 2005 ? By Mike Collett-White

CANNES, France (Reuters) - Not everyone is enamoured with Robert Rodriguez's ultra-violent movie "Sin City," based on the dark comics of Frank Miller, but the creators are working on a sequel and the cast of stars is keen to carry on.

The film, which has earned more than $72 million at the U.S. box office alone, is in Cannes as part of the main competition, raising eyebrows among veteran festival-watchers who are used to more artistic, less commercial fare.
    [Top Stories]

There have also been grumblings about the relentless and graphic violence as well as accusations of sexism in a film where the women are generally scantily clad.

But none of that bothers Rodriguez and co-director Miller, who created the original comic strips that have been faithfully reproduced on screen by using advanced digital technology.

"We've been talking about it (the sequel) since day one," Rodriguez told Reuters on Thursday.

The next film will be based on Miller's "Dame to Kill For," a part of the Sin City plot that was not included in the original movie, and Rodriguez wants to keep his cast if he can."

This news sounds damn fine to me, i'm sure it'll come out just as awesome.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Oh, sweet! I can't wait for a sequel of that movie. The movie was just too cool.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    We're not even close to seeing the first one here...Oh well, I'll believe the positive reviews [of the first one] and say it's a good thing.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah I heard they were planning a sequel a few weeks back after the first one took off, but its good to hear the cast is eager to come back. Just wouldnt be the same without them.

Also the dvd is scheduled for release on August 16th. So about 3 months away.

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, it would be nice to see a squeal. It was a pretty good movie.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Also the dvd is scheduled for release on August 16th. So about 3 months away.
    Yeah but if your smart you WON'T buy it (im not) because the dvd being released on the 16th of August is merely the "stall" dvd. Meaning it'll be bare bones as far as features are concerend, Rodriguez himself said that in late November he'll be releasing a 3 disc special edition with tons of goodies. So i say just hold out.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Huh didnt hear about the November release, good call.

lex
    Newbie lex may be famous one day lex may be famous one day lex's Avatar
    Thanks
    i just watched Sin City on DVD for the first time, it was great! I hear johnny depp is going to be in the next one. This guy is a great actor but i hate him because of it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast