Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: For Single Folks

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: For Single Folks

Quote Originally Posted by Asnej
    You know what I'm tired of falling for women & men that don't fall back for me either, and it gets pretty depressing, especially when your in high school in which I am, but when I get like that I just try to focus myself on my future and then it makes me feel all better. Or I spend hours and hours writing in my book that will hopefully be published in the future.
    I agree with you. I always fantasize on what my future will be; that I would have an excellent job., wonderful kids and a husband that truly loves me; but how would I feel if thats not the way things work out? I don't wan't to be desperate for love, but what would I do if I don't find it?

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks

The simple outlying theme here with these replies is that we have been programmed to place our expectations onto the other person/people and then it becomes an ego battle where the casuality is the relationship.

The solution. I TRUELY believe there isn't one single person /perfect/ for me, I don't want to find that person either because it would make them unperfect. I take people as they are. The subjects and time I can relate to them with and feel special is where I keep going with them. If that means I can go out on dates and enjoy the company, awesome. If it means just cuddling, awesome, if it means just sex then awesome, but most seem to fall into bits of each.

I'm no expert. This is just how I've noticed my past relationships. You really need to communicate everything, especially the uncertain feelings or ideas. Not really questions of,"Do you love me?" but more,"Do you feel good about everything in our relationship".

Think of the math behind finding someone between the age of 15 and 30 (Where society likes to place marriage/dating). Average age of death is 75ish. Honestly, the more people you experince the more you'll discover yourself--this isn't jus sexually but in all forms of relationships.

One other comment is to Kiri79, life can be a fairly tale. You have to define what that is for yourself, not what you read in a book.

Enjoy the moments in the moment...

Please?

[J]

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by king_sesshomaru
    Yes i feel that way, almost every time I had agirlfriend shee would dump me. when i asked why i got some lame excuse
    Its strange how when you do meet someone you imaging yuor selves going out for a while and really getting to know each other then the other person has a completely different view on the relatioships and breaks your heart really badly.
    I know i am one of those people who will fall in love with people easily and ss much as i try, it doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jao
    Think of the math behind finding someone between the age of 15 and 30 (Where society likes to place marriage/dating). Average age of death is 75ish. Honestly, the more people you experince the more you'll discover yourself--this isn't jus sexually but in all forms of relationships.

One other comment is to Kiri79, life can be a fairly tale. You have to define what that is for yourself, not what you read in a book.

Enjoy the moments in the moment...

Please?

[J]
    I get what you are on about but sometimes I find hard to meet new people I am rather fussy when it comes to dating so that could be why.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR600K1
    ^^ tis true but the down after a relationship is alot harder than not having one
    Indeed. I don't disagree. I find myself wondering if it really IS better to have loved and lost than to have never loved before. But unless I'm royally depressed, in the end, I usually come up with the answer that Yes, it was all worth it.

Regarding jao's post, I agree with the part that perhaps looking for ONE ideal person out of the billions in the world is nothing but a fairy tale, however. It's bad to walk into a relationship with unrealistic expectations...ie: expectations down to the letter. Love is learning to accept someone as themselves, not finding someone that fits your checklist. I'm not talking about expectations of trust, honesty and other base moral traits (whatever you may call them)...I'm talking about the "tall, hansome, mysterious, rich boy" expectations.

When I say that I believe there's someone out there waiting to be found it's more towards, I'll find someone, but not so much, someone that fits my defined checklist. Cuz to be honest, I don't have one (anymore). =P Looking back, my last bf surprised me a little when compared to what I had in mind for a bf as a kid (I grew up a hopeless romantic).

Also, communication which you pointed out is definely a very important part. To be honest with concerns and to face and solve them before they become real problems, that's being mature. Whats the point if you're just gonna lead each other on and pretend that you have a great relationship when you know deep down inside that you don't? It's one thing to try and work things out, it's another to lie to yourself through a relationship.

Never give up, keep looking and remain open.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie Asnej may be famous one day Asnej may be famous one day Asnej's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah that part sucks but then again I've learned from my mistakes that even if you think you'll be going out for awhile doesn't mean you will be going out for awhile so I don't look too much into the future in my relationships.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Its far worse to like two people at the same time then have no one. Trust me.

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit

Oh hell yea been there done that...............

Never give up bro, there is always someone out there for you, you just gotta wait and be patient the peron will come, ok?
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Newbie Asnej may be famous one day Asnej may be famous one day Asnej's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    I agree massively with that, that is way worse.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast