Thread: sites and books to help me draw

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks

sites and books to help me draw

I've been trying to draw anime for one year and i don't think i'm getting better so do you have any book or sites that helped you draw
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm, with only a year behind you it's not unusual to feel like you are going nowhere. I've been drawing for 5 years and I can tell you that it took me well over a year to make something that I really liked the look of. Looking back on that same picture, I can't believe that I used to think that it was good (really is actually terrible).

As for the sites, there are a few good ones already posted at the top of this forum. But keep in mind that you still have to do all the work. Tutorials can give you advice and some helpful tips, but that alone won't make you good overnight.

Just stick with it. Practice and time are the best teachers. ^^ Draw Draw Draw and have fun fun fun.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by serge2005
    I've been trying to draw anime for one year and i don't think i'm getting better so do you have any book or sites that helped you draw
    Well Sib beat me to it with the sites. I can suggest some ideas for books though. Everyone finds a different way or different book to use. What worked for me was the How to Draw Manga books especially the basics, male characters, female character volumes. Always try to find books in volumes because for the most part a do it yourself Manga one volume book cuts corners and leave out stuff you need. Also read the book before you buy because you might not learn anything from it. Everyone is different and the way to learn to draw is different. I was in your shoes before and I know that you can't just starting anime over night so practice, practice, practice!

Newbie HyldenLord may be famous one day HyldenLord may be famous one day HyldenLord's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ted's Right. I haven't consulted a single book and managed to develop my own anime drawing style. I'v even got some of them up on Deviant Art for all to see.
    It's all about inspiration,you create your own style within anime.

Newbie jkun17 may be famous one day jkun17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    If you want to learn something, and by that I mean anything, there are one of two ways.

One is to go completely commando. Jump into it with little to now knowledge and just go with whatever you feel is necessary at the moment. Do what you think you need to do to put yourself in a better standing and develop your actions around your environment to better your style. This process is normally slower and involves a lot of trial and error where you test a process to see if it works better or occasionally having to develop a new style if you find that your previous simply does not work. This style does help you develop a little better than the other, but it takes much longer and occasionally you find yourself reverting to type 2.

The second process is "by the book." And by that I mean "buy the book." Look, books are great. Anime artists and publishers would not print that stuff if they did not think it would help you. They take the greatest minds in the industry, put them together into a simpler format, and hand them to you for a small price. You learn the process of other artists which can help you define your own, and there is often a lot of good advice (and rhetoric) that can really help you when you start drawing.

I started going commando, and it didn't work for me. My drawings were ok, but I would toss them out of spite of my own unskilledness. I bought some books and it really clicked with me. I learned the techniques and mimiced them until I could again go commando with my own process.

One may work better than the other depending on who you are, the important part is that you progress in a way that satisfying to you.

Newbie HyldenLord may be famous one day HyldenLord may be famous one day HyldenLord's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's good advice there jkun, i forgot to mention the second option.lol

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    Try the HOW TO DRAW MANGA books.

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows