Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sketches?

Newbie EchoOfRain may be famous one day EchoOfRain may be famous one day
    Thanks

Sketches?

I want to better my sketching and drawing of Anime and stuff; gradually improve myself and create my own style of anime characters and such, but where do I start off? I can pretty much sketch anything by looking at it but I think I lack creativity when drawing/sketching with nothing in front of me...

Anyways, I was looking for anyone who could/would help me improve myself
    PM please..
    Thanks alot

Newbie drago may be famous one day drago may be famous one day drago's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sketches?

im with u dude i have da same problem and dat sux rite cuz i know it does well i recomend read and imagine read stuff dat u like with out pics and begin to draw at first its kinda hard and u may reapeat stuff but its worth da try

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Many of my artist friends have told me that many beginer artists have the innate ability for creation, yet may have the inability to realize their talents without proper technique. Someone might be good at drawing when there is a reference picture infront of them, but are lost when staring only at a blank piece of paper. They all have told me that the really boring stuff (studying anatomy, 2d and 3d technical drawing, and color theory to name a few) have helped them alot. It is not so much that they rely on these to produce their art. They are able to put their thoughts down on paper, just as they see them in their heads because of these skills.

You can learn most of these things from the web, or from your local library (or shell out thousands of dollars for a formal education).

Thanks

Any sites I can look those type of stuff on?
    Recommendations?
    Thanks

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Step one; life drawing (otherwise known as anatomy). If you have a library check out a book with the sketches of Leonardo DaVinci in it. (They can also be found online with google.) Then sketch them until you have it down.

Step two; print off pictures of anime art you like and both trace and freehand them.

Step three; have fun. Don't be to anal about it, just draw. See what happens. You might be suprised.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Sabishii_Mitsukai may be famous one day Sabishii_Mitsukai may be famous one day Sabishii_Mitsukai's Avatar
    Thanks

the first thing u have to do is, dont look at other animes. be creative. make ur own characters or sketches. u kan base it on anime. but dont copy every singly detail. shake it up. make it look funky! i draw, but not anime. ppl think i do but i dont. and i made my own little character lol. his name is tiki. and his GF's name is tikina lol. and im pattening it pretty soon so no stealing j/k lolbut yehea like i said. be creative and have fun when u draw. dont copy exactly wut an anime pic looks like but base it on it. like the hair or eyes. y'know shit like that.
    The maximum dimnsions for an image in your signature is 110 pixels high and 450 pixels wide, please find an image which complies with this.
    -WOO fat PRIDE BABII!! i wana get that book
    **luv ya roldie, and no im not a gold digga**

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Being an artist myself... (And often get "artist block" >.<) I tend to watch my faveorite animes, and read my favorite mangas. Or, I do as Arrianna suggested - Print off anime pics that I really like. Once I get my inspiration back, I tend to look at real life - people, animals, etc.

My best advice is to draw, draw, draw, draw. My mom always said that an artist never stops learning! So keep it up, and NEVER EVER get discouraged. (^__^)

Thanks

ok ^^ ill take up these advices and tell you how it goes sooner or later :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast