Thread: The Slasher Generation, extinct?

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

The Slasher Generation, extinct?

I think it's safe to say at this point that the slasher film is a forgotten genre nowadays among the world of movies. The last real type of film we had like that was "Scream 3" and thats a terrible thing to say seeing how the entire Scream trilogy was basically a parody of the genre anyway. Also, there were the last few Halloween sequels (which i won't even mention) but other than that....nothing really. I know that this isn't quite the case overseas like in Asia or Europe for example where slasher flicks are really starting to boom all over the place. Do you think that there's hope for this category of horror anymore or should we just kiss it goodbye? Oh and when i say hope i mean new, fresh and original franchises starting up, and not relying on remakes.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Slasher Generation, extinct?

I agree and the few that are made are flat out stinkers. I think they'll be back when the world is ready to accept them again, but as for now they'll run their course in the uncool side of the popularity cycle.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

I think there are still a couple of slashers out there (like House of Wax) etc. But I do see what you're saying that it seems to be a dying genre.

An excellent slasher people should check out is Haute Tension aka High Tension. Its a French film and its probably one of the best of the genre I've ever seen. Plus it has a great twist at the end.

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Yeah, there really hasn't been any movies that have scared me lately, which lets me down, cause I love horror movies, and I love getting scared if its a good movie. But unfortunately your right and there havent been any recently made good ones, I'm losing hope...

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses sequel The Devils Rejects is also due out next week and has been getting some decent reviews surprisingly, so maybe there are a few slasher genre flicks still worth checking out.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, Rejects looks pretty entertaining. Hopefully it's good enough to at least tide me over until more movies of the like come out.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, considering how much House of Wax sucked, I hope that the Slasher flick genre livens up significantly in the future, or it might die off.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

I have to admit, I miss the cut throat messiness of a good slasher to the modern more psyclogical films which to be honest arn't as great in my opinion....