Thread: Slayers vs Orphan

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Slayers vs Orphan

Grumble Grumble Grumble

According to a news post on Anime Nation, Kadokawa Shoten has announced that it is taking preorders for a new cross-over novel written by Kamisaka Ichi & Akita Sadanobu and illustrated by Rui Araizumi & Kusaka Yuuya. Now I wonder if this cross over would be a good subject for an anime series??? Does the Orphan crew have what it takes to stand up to Lina Inverse and her infamous 'Dragon Slave' attack...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Now I wonder if this cross over would be a good subject for an anime series???
    I can see it as a short-run OVA. Relative settings match up and both have a similar adventure/comedy backbone. But if it goes beyond a limited run, the novelty will wear off and the interest will wane.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Damn, now that sounds excellent. I can't tell you of another two series with the same madcap antics and lunacy of Orphen & The Slayers... ^_^

But seriously, let's consider this: Lina is quite the worrier, I don't doubt that. Our good friend Orphen is also quite skilled. What she lack it's heroism, he more than makes up for, and what he lacks in stratagem, she more that makes up for.

I gotta say, the two are very evenly matched. But for sure, I'll definitely check this out.
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    As far as the picture goes, it looks cool

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I particularly like the idea of this, but... i hope that lina wins (that probably wont happen, just like she wont ever make love to gourry... boo hoo) Yes they are both evenly matched.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm. Orphen is an amazing anime all on it's own. No need for this. But let's all hope it doesnt happen. However, if it does happen, I would love to see the result.
    Seduced by Flesh