Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smashing Pumpkins

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Smashing Pumpkins

So, a friend of mine came over to watch the Superbowl, but arrived about 2 hours early. So, he said we should listen to this album he brought. The album in question was "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" by Smashing Pumpkins. Now, I've never really listened to the Smashing Pumpkins before, but after a couple songs, I was hooked. The light stuff it starts out with on the first disc is cool, and the later songs like "X.Y.U." rock HARD. I've ripped both discs onto my Xbox, and listen to em all the time. But now I need more! Anybody got any suggestions as to what album I should go for next?

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually they had a greatest hits come out last year I think you should pick that one up first, but also Siamese Dream is my favortie album of theirs. And the only one I think that is equal to Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness. Their later stuff (Ava ADORE and Machina) are a little different from their earlier stuff. More industrial, less grunge guitarish. I prefer their earlier stuff like Gish and Pisces to their later stuff though.

Also the band Zwan (lead by Billy Corgan) had an album come out a couple years ago worth checking out if you find yourself still craving more.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh wow youve never heard that album before? Classic. My tracks of choice off of that cd are "1979" - it just makes me reflect and think back and "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" - one of the best shoot out songs ever

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Actually they had a greatest hits come out last year I think you should pick that one up first, but also Siamese Dream is my favortie album of theirs.
    That's one of my all time favorite albums. It's too bad Smashing Pumpkins broke up.

Newbie Jaen Wingfire may be famous one day Jaen Wingfire may be famous one day Jaen Wingfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know much about their albums, but my personal fav. song by them is Mouths of Babes. It friggin' rocks. No matter what u get, get something with that song.
    Kaze ni omoi o, tsuki ni negaio, chikara aru kagiri ikiteku ne, kyou mo boku-ra no omoi o itsuka dareka no mune ni.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It's all pretty good and usually expensive to get your hands on (even used).

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah 1979 is one of my all time favorite songs. Great album, liked many of the ones mentioned and Zero from it. Their newer stuff had a good sound to it and yes sad they broke up. Didn't Zwan already fizzle out too? I didn't hear much about them after they first came out.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    My English teacher had the class listen to "bullet with butterfly wings" in class to study methphor, assonance and what not. They are pretty good I must say, I had the song stuck in my head 3 weeks afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast