Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So today is the day ....(PSP Launched)

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks

So today is the day ....(PSP Launched)

Well... today, the PSP (PlayStation Portable) came out in stores, and I was in no rush to buy it. I've already seen the 'Take Me Out' commmericals on TV for it... and people were in line for days for the PSP.

Myself, I'm not excited, because I'm not going to buy it... ever, I'm thinking. Because... the fact it plays just PSP discs, not PS2 or PSX games.... I don't think it's that great, maybe if some nice, badass games come out for it, then I'll re-think.

Soo..... what do you guys think about the release ? Anybody bought it yet, or planning to ?
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Mar 25, 2005 at 10:23 AM.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks
    I heard about them but was occupied so I didn't listen..how much do they cost?
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    I might buy it if they jack down the price
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    What the hell?>!? good one.....i didnt even know about it being released at all so soon. Well.......time for me to start scrapin' my pennies together.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    That's strange... it comes out on thursday for me (tomorrow).. and yea, it says that people are standing in line to get some.

Also, the graphics are supposedly the same as the ps2. But it's 250 bucks. (USD) for me.

I'm not gonna buy it. If it has juncky games like the nintendo DS, then it sucks.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Hmmmm... today is Thursday buddy >_< and yesh, it's 250 bucks.... and the games look really nice, not all crappy like the DS ! HAHA!
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    and I was in no rush to buy it
    Even though you were in no rush to buy it, many other people were. From what I heard, many stores were sold out by noon. For the stores that weren't, they said that they were going to be sold out of their first shipment by the end of the day. Let's just say that the launch of the PSP turned out to be a huge success.

I most likely would have been one of those people getting their copy at 7or 8 in the morning if had the money to buy one. I think that the system is sorta pricey as are the games. Plus none of the games really appeal to me too much other than Metal Gear Solid Ac!d and the Wipeout game.
    Too cool for a sig.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yep I've been putting mine through its paces since 7 a.m. yesterday. The people (even women) at worked loved it cause they thought it was a portable movie player lol. I was just putting in spiderman2 to see what the movies looked like. Anyways then I went to the arcade while Jamie was working and everyone would come check it out. Most said it was better than what they thought with my buddy saying "man thats crazy that shouldn't be out for a few more years you'd think" but all in all its really something you have to see in action to appreciate. So far I'm loving it and the games haev been really fun.
    Wipeout Pure
    Ridge Racer
    Lumines

all addictive and I even had a chance to play a big 6 person game of ridge racer via the adhoc mode when I ran back up to EB to grab my cable I forgot ^_^; I was the first to get it at eb and I literally just walked in on my way to the office. The guys asked me if I'd open it up so I did and we ran a few games before I headed off. Lots of fun

oh and I used this freeware program a guy made called PSP video 9 (really great software btw) which converts any filetype like avi/wmv/mpeg ect into the psp's MP4 medium and also puts it onto the psp's memory card in the proper directories for you. So its completely hastle free compared to the ways I was reading other peole were doing it who didn't have sony's japanese software. I'll put the link up when I get home. But anyways I put an AMV on it since thats all I could fit and it was really nice. I have a 1 gig sandisk on order so when that comes in I can put full eps on to watch at work.
    Worth noting it seems when you convert to the psp's format it literally cuts the filesize in half o_O like a 35 meg avi turned into a 17 meg for the psp. Which was really a nice surprise as that'll let me fit more on
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Mar 25, 2005 at 06:42 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast