Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: So today is the day ....(PSP Launched)

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Umm... maybee its for older people who have a job, or for richer people who could either afford it for themselves or for their kid.... Where I'm from, every store is sold out of the Psp, so I doubt its too much... moreover, its way too little! Demand is way too high for the current supply, so you are getting a deal of a lifetime dude!

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hell Yes.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Haha....thats real nice there ken...though its seriously true...now that the Psp came out..its like a sock in the face for the Nintendo DS....its sorta sad how it happens...the DS came out not too long ago and now that the Psp came out...all they kids who've been saving for the DS are now converting it into money for the Psp...XD..i find it ironic in so many ways =P

Newbie Melanic may be famous one day Melanic may be famous one day Melanic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, during the brief time my brother owned one (he exchanged it a couple times because of screen defects, ended up just returning it) I got to try it out, well, only the movie (Spiderman) feature. So all my coments will be about the movies or movie related.

Simply put, it was pretty dissapointing. There was ghosting, and the sound was too quiet and grainy off the PSP speakers. Using headphones helps, but the quality still leaves quite a lot to be desired.

To me, unless the PSP gets some games that I simply cannot live without, it's not worth the $300CDN. I think i'll stick with my DS for now.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It looks like the PSP is giving the DS a run for it's money. It seems like more games have came out for the PSP in this past week than the DS has since it has launched. The PSP has some pretty good titles but not too many. Wipeout Pure and Ridge Racer are must haves IMO.

I'm planning on picking up a PSP but I'm not sure when. Like most console launches, there are very few titles on the PSP that are going to make me shell out $250 for one. I have a DS and I'm happy enough with that right now.

Looks like this may end up being another N64 vs. PS battle that happened a while back. Nintendo decided that cartrideges were the way to go (even though CDs are less expensive) which means that third party companies decided to flock to the PS. I don't know if it's going to work out exactly that way in this scenario but you never know. Nintendo could once again find themselves having to rely on first party game.
    Too cool for a sig.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking

Looks like this may end up being another N64 vs. PS battle that happened a while back. Nintendo decided that cartrideges were the way to go (even though CDs are less expensive) which means that third party companies decided to flock to the PS. I don't know if it's going to work out exactly that way in this scenario but you never know. Nintendo could once again find themselves having to rely on first party game.
    Nah, the PSP isn't a project that belonged to Nintendo who then decided against making it, causing them a whole lot of nightmares when it went solo

If I'm not mistaken the DS sells like crazy all over the world, I don't think the PSP will beat it anytime soon.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    In japanthe PSP and DS launches were actually accouple weeks apart. The reason PSP didn't make as much sells as Nintendo is because they had fewer units.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    In japan the PSP and DS launches were actually accouple weeks apart. The reason PSP didn't make as much sells as Nintendo is because they had fewer units.
    Sure but that was totally Sony's fault. The PSP has had it's fair share of problems since the launch. Dead pixels, bad square button contact, not enough units,...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast