Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Some dorks in the galleries

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sorry for straying from your topic/point, but again, sometimes it hurts more to fight or push against a wall...better to climb it. Just like the saying that goes something like, "Don't argue with idiots--they'll pull you down to their level and beat you with experience." In other words, if you feel you belong to a certain "level" and deserve a certain amount of respect, then be happy about it and don't mind the others. There will always be a number of people who will look upon you with a disrespect, no matter what you do (i.e. racism etc.), so it's almost a waste of time arguing about it. But on a lighter note, there will always be a number of people who will think you are ok.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    it is annoying for ppl to give low ratings without telling why, but the thing is, we have freaks in this world ppl not of the norms, so you really have a choice of trying to satisfy them the next time or simply ignore their asses

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KorganoS
    @Gallcomp : I respect you, man... but honestly, what is something you considered a 'crap' wall actually?
    So far I haven't considered any of the art in this gallery "crap" they all deserve my respect and admiration, what I was trying to point is that everyone has different points of view, and everyone has the right to express his opinion the way they want...

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    it is annoying for ppl to give low ratings without telling why, but the thing is, we have freaks in this world ppl not of the norms, so you really have a choice of trying to satisfy them the next time or simply ignore their asses
    Actually there are some reasons as to why people dont tell.

1.People complain and bitch alot. Especially if you give them a bad rating. If you were to give a reason why for the bad score, they would complain even more and agitate you. I found this out before and therefore do not say why I rate certain things certain scores.

2. About this complaining-people think "7" is a low score. This is strange especially when under the rating system you see "bad" under 1-3 "okay" under 4-6 and "best" under 7-10. People don't understand that anything above a 4 is still a good score.

3. If you were to give a full explanation, you spend alot of time doing it and some people don't have that kind of time, so that's when the quick reply comes in handy.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    actually I do agree with you false truth

but I should sum up my points

1. If you're someone who gives "what is considered bad rating" that shows us you have your own opinion in your mind of what is bad.

2. So, in that case you should be able to make walls that are "better" in his or her own opinion than the one he or she commented on

3. If you cant make wallpapers, but decided your time is too precious to at least "make constructive criticism" for the waller, then...

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie KorganoS may be famous one day KorganoS may be famous one day KorganoS's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    Actually there are some reasons as to why people dont tell.

1.People complain and bitch alot. Especially if you give them a bad rating. If you were to give a reason why for the bad score, they would complain even more and agitate you. I found this out before and therefore do not say why I rate certain things certain scores.

2. About this complaining-people think "7" is a low score. This is strange especially when under the rating system you see "bad" under 1-3 "okay" under 4-6 and "best" under 7-10. People don't understand that anything above a 4 is still a good score.

3. If you were to give a full explanation, you spend alot of time doing it and some people don't have that kind of time, so that's when the quick reply comes in handy.
    1.n00b wallers would very likely to fit in your description... seasoned wallers would appreciate a comment much more than a rating which explains nothing.. as I already said.
    With a clear description of the rating, ppl are less likely to give ultra-low rating... they will be forced to examine all aspect of the wall/art subject more closely...
    for example, one might give 2.00 as the rating and put a comment like 'I don't like the girl's pose'. So next time the artist should just ignore that person because he/she simply can't appreciate and art, he/she is just a picky blabber... there's still lot of thing can be taken into appreciating an artwork, such as colors, composition, and bg design... no improvement can be gained by taking that comment/rate into consideration in making the next work...

2.I wouldn't comment on that... because that's your view of the rating system...

3.then do it when you have the time... no need rushing things... because wallpapers and artworks aren't made in minutes... There is a certain effort involved and rushed ratings and comments aren't usefull at all for the artist.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well you got to think about it. atleast we aren't as strict as MT. I had one of my walls deleted the other day donno why just was deleted XD but Yeah I agree with the ratings

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    In the end this is the net, its to be expected, sorry to say but if you wanted happyland on gumdrop lane the nets definitely gonna let you down.

We can control it to a point but I can't force them to give people good ratings and comment. And the old gallery had the same problem, if nothing else maybe now its balancing out, cause that comment about the "old gallery being so great" is kidna a crock. I was so sick and tired of EVERY freakin wallpaper getting straight 5's when it was absolute junk. People would just give sympathy ratings and not just tell them how it really was and that was just sad and old. False Truth hit the nail on the head with his #2 point. Just because you dont get a 10 everytime doesn't mean your art isn't good.

Granted people dont need to just leave junk ratings to be a moron but at the same time I can't ban every person just because they sometimes give a low rating. Its their personal opinion and just because its one mans steak it can at the same time be another mans rotten beef. Opinions vary and the net is a bloated beast of opinions. Just shake it off and dont sweat it or take it personally. If you know its good thats all that matters dont depend so much on the opinions of others especially people you dont even know.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast