Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
In the end this is the net, its to be expected, sorry to say but if you wanted happyland on gumdrop lane the nets definitely gonna let you down.

We can control it to a point but I can't force them to give people good ratings and comment. And the old gallery had the same problem, if nothing else maybe now its balancing out, cause that comment about the "old gallery being so great" is kidna a crock. I was so sick and tired of EVERY freakin wallpaper getting straight 5's when it was absolute junk. People would just give sympathy ratings and not just tell them how it really was and that was just sad and old. False Truth hit the nail on the head with his #2 point. Just because you dont get a 10 everytime doesn't mean your art isn't good.

Granted people dont need to just leave junk ratings to be a moron but at the same time I can't ban every person just because they sometimes give a low rating. Its their personal opinion and just because its one mans steak it can at the same time be another mans rotten beef. Opinions vary and the net is a bloated beast of opinions. Just shake it off and dont sweat it or take it personally. If you know its good thats all that matters dont depend so much on the opinions of others especially people you dont even know.
mmm... okay CG... I got your point....
thanks for the kind reply... I really appreciate that...

AO gallery is one of the most well-known anime gallery in the whole net...
during the downtime of the old AO, I've wandered to some sites and walling communities such as AP and MT... and gained a lot of experience, both good and bad...
especially about artwork appreciation, let alone a small critique and comments to improve,... like in MT where thousands of ppl d/l ing the walls by leaving no comments at all ^_^' and the current AO where ppl can give 1.00 rating and no comment to some really good arts.. that's just an example how ppl can be so ignorant about the effort other ppl have put into those walls/arts, ... I guess I'll just blame the net then and shut up -_-
but point taken,... and no need to argue about this further... as I'm no longer interested in talking about ratings and rantings, or how to distinguish between those two... <_<
kinda makes me dizzy....
this thread can be closed already if desired.. and thanks to all that have put replies..