Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: some simples ways to make a windows xp computer to move faster

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: some simples ways to make a windows xp computer to move faster

I just got done my first day of college. My course has an entire Dedicated lab of G5 mac's. so I say, just join the dark side. Use a Mac

Newbie FrozenAffairs may be famous one day FrozenAffairs may be famous one day FrozenAffairs's Avatar
    Thanks

lol macs are pretty awsome but the problem is isnt it like 2x expensive to upgrade it (ram and stuff)? i have used win 95, 98, 98 sec addition, and now i have xp pro, boots in 30 seconds its faster than when 98 was on it. but yea i noticed it did have a whole lot of crap running in the background....

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks

How does changing an xp computer to win 2000 make it faster
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

all windows os' are bloated. And for the most part, it's true that the newer it is, the more background stuff is going on without your notice. If you don't want to change your OS, then shut down all unnessesary services (control panel/performance and maintenence/administrative tools/services). But be warned, KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SHUTTING OFF FIRST. There are many vital parts that need to be kept on. Google the service name for more info.

Also, you can shut down secondary animations in Windows. If you want more speed, leave window transitions, transparencies, etc- out ofyour operatiion. TUNE XP is a safe way of shutting these off.

Delete unwanted programs, use disk-clean up, and then defragment your drive.

Finally, if you know you are going to be pushing your CPU for a long period, disable your internet connection, and turn off your antivirus monitor (XXxx assuming you know for certain your computer has no trojans on it xxXX).

OR

Get a new Mobo with raid 0 and SLI. Get a P4 extreme Chip (a little faster for windows operation than AMD). Get two 10,000RPM SATA 150 Cheetah drives. Get a pari of PC5400 1024MB DDR2 sticks. Get Two NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX Graphics Cards, and overclock everything.
    Last edited by know1; Sep 07, 2005 at 01:32 PM.

Newbie Wing 0 may be famous one day Wing 0 may be famous one day
    Thanks

how do u start a topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am confused
    i should have killed him when i had the chance

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wing 0
    how do u start a topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am confused
    you go to the appropriate forum and press the "New Thread" button

it looks like this:
    I love my girlfriend.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

aite, here something you can actually do

there should be this file: service.msc you can run

from there it will open a window for you to disable certain task, be sure to know what it does first, and it does provide a description from windows...I got this from several online pages so search for those pages for more info

EDIT: Here you go I found the link hope this helps you
    Last edited by Legend; Sep 07, 2005 at 09:03 PM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    aite, here something you can actually do

there should be this file: service.msc you can run

from there it will open a window for you to disable certain task, be sure to know what it does first, and it does provide a description from windows...
    Um,,,,, yeah. I already said that three posts ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast