Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some Soft Drinks found to have benzene (Carcinogen)

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Some Soft Drinks found to have benzene (Carcinogen)

Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Some Soft Drinks found to have benzene (Carcinogen)

Loads, so much that Mt. Dew runs through my veins! Plus since I have no idea what benzene (Carcinogen) is I doubt it will deter me, ignorance is bliss I tell you!

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah i knew that a long time ago its to do with acesulfame k, and aspartame in the drinks but it doesnt really increase your chances of getting cancer much unless you drink like a truck full of the stuff do you have trucks of soda in your refridgerator

Edit : for everyone who doesnt know a carcinogen is a cancer causing substance
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

You might think I am lying, but I never had a soft drink in my life. I go for all natural homemade drinks like grape juice, orange juice, and such.

Ah? Benzene you say? Due to its aromatic stability, it is very hard for our body to degrade benzene. However, our liver can convert it into an epoxide, thereby making it polar to be dissolved in our blood, and ultimately excrete through urine. So, same amounts of it is not very harmful, but smoking is a different story. Anyway! I thought I should bring to light why benzene is harmful. So, there goes my organic chemistry lesson!

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

o well, i blaim my parnets for getting me hooked as a kid.... i can't go a week without any pop...... in this house like a couple 2 litters are drunk in a couple of hours...
    Last edited by yumyum92; Mar 05, 2006 at 12:44 PM.

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

actually, not much...but last year i had like 10 in a week once.....i'm screwed...

You might think I am lying, but I never had a soft drink in my life. I go for all natural homemade drinks like grape juice, orange juice, and such.
    wow... never? that's kinda creepy
    but yes, all natural is just as good. i have at least 2 times as much vitamin C as i need a day
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to drink a lot of soda, almost everyday. But then I developed diabetes, so I stopeed drinking soda. I only drink water and milk now. Although I brought my diabetes to a stable level so it won't harm me as much, I still choose not to drink soda. Be healthy people

~Kiss
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman
    wow... never? that's kinda creepy
    but yes, all natural is just as good. i have at least 2 times as much vitamin C as i need a day
    Yes, never. My sisters have them once in a while, and it is very tempting when I see them drink. Just want to know how it tastes like and all, but I am still soft drink-free. I think, those drinks are also one of the leading causes of obesity, so I say no for soft drinks. However, having a few once in a while is completely alright, I guess. All Natural is yummy and beneficial, and you don't have to worry about burping in public.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast