Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Somnambulism (Sleepwalking) Stage 4

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Somnambulism (Sleepwalking) Stage 4

Somnambulism (the clinical term for sleepwalking) occurs during the heaviest part of sleep, stage 4... They say not to wake a person during this stage because they will either kill themselves or YOU. I have evidence for the latter ~ Sleep Walking Murder Case

Intriguingly enough, here is a brief quote from the page

"The Arizona man admits stabbing his wife Yamila, 44 times to death and pushing her body in the backyard swimming pool while their children slept inside their home.
    But Falater, 43, says he remembers none of it. His defense: he was asleep, too!
    "

Anyone heard of stuff like this happening? I heard of the Parks-sleepwalking case in '87 where a man from Toronto drove 23 kilometers to his mother in law's house and murdered her and her husband...asleep. Evidence proved him innocent. this is a really interesting topic!

Newbie DevilMan_619 may be famous one day DevilMan_619 may be famous one day DevilMan_619's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Somnambulism (Sleepwalking) Stage 4

That is a really interesting thing to bring up. This is the first time that I have heard about that.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Kill?! I used to sleepwalk but I'm pretty sure I never killed anyone, but I have woken up in differant places before with no idea how I got there, but I can't remember what that is called....

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

It definitely is possible. The brain goes through some serious dreams during the deepest stage of sleep. If someone has a sleepwalking problem and you wake them during it, it's possible that they would wig out and kill something. I guess that means people often have violent dreams!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    Somnambulism (the clinical term for sleepwalking) occurs during the heaviest part of sleep, stage 4... They say not to wake a person during this stage because they will either kill themselves or YOU. I have evidence for the latter ~ Sleep Walking Murder Case
    Your evidence has a hole in it.
    Wake-Up Call<--a summery of the trial.
    Scott Falater was found guilty. The experts came to the conclusion he wasn't sleepwalking.

"The only way that sleep experts think that violence can happen with a sleepwalker is that somebody physically confronts them, gets in their way."

Not only wasn't he confronted but after he had stabbed her he interacted with the dog, perceived her immoble body twice, and then drowned her in the pool. He then took all the evidence, including a newly purchased knife, and hid them in a newly purchased tupperware container that had been in a locked car. Fortunatly a neighbor witnessed the interaction and drowning (calling 911) or he just might have gotten away with it.

In the case of Kenneth Parks they believed him because"He then drove to the nearest police station and turned himself in. At that time, he was still asleep."

There are now insanity laws on the books in the US and other countries that cover this now. Usually they are found guilty though.... of not sleepwalking and murder.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

The whole myth about it being dangerous to wake sleep walkers is rubbish. It's a myth and that's all there is to it. As a Psychology major I'll admit I am still a student, however I have seen evidence and statements in several texts disregarding the supposed dangers of "waking a sleepwalker"

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    The whole myth about it being dangerous to wake sleep walkers is rubbish. It's a myth and that's all there is to it. As a Psychology major I'll admit I am still a student, however I have seen evidence and statements in several texts disregarding the supposed dangers of "waking a sleepwalker"
    And I'll support that by saying a friend of mine sleepwalks all the time, and if I was over at his place I would generally throw something at his head to wake him up, no violence, no death, he just woke up and flipped me off for throwing something at him, then went back to sleep. Dangers of waking a sleep walker is nothing but an old myth, about as true as eating pop rocks and drinking cola will kill you.

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    And I'll support that by saying a friend of mine sleepwalks all the time, and if I was over at his place I would generally throw something at his head to wake him up, no violence, no death, he just woke up and flipped me off for throwing something at him, then went back to sleep. Dangers of waking a sleep walker is nothing but an old myth, about as true as eating pop rocks and drinking cola will kill you.
    Hah, well it might be different for some people, or be jsut a very rare occurance that violence while sleepwalking happens, i did it once, and right when I woke up, i was enraged about something, but just fell back asleep, or so my brother tells me. And that pop rocks thing does kinda hurt if it goes into your throught or something, but then, i dont ee how it'l explode, heh.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast