Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Somnambulism (Sleepwalking) Stage 4

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Somnambulism (Sleepwalking) Stage 4

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    The whole myth about it being dangerous to wake sleep walkers is rubbish. It's a myth and that's all there is to it. As a Psychology major I'll admit I am still a student, however I have seen evidence and statements in several texts disregarding the supposed dangers of "waking a sleepwalker"
    Yeah, there are alot of people who believe that Kenneth Parks and a few others like him got away with murder. That's why the changes in the law. They want a backup in order to keep them off the streets just in case someone manages to get the defense to stick.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Sleep walking is weird. I know I've done it once or twice, but I know I was really really tired when I went to sleep. I didn't have any dreams, I just fell asleep in one spot and woke up in another room. I've never actually seen a sleep walker though.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Your evidence has a hole in it.
    Wake-Up Call<--a summery of the trial.
    Scott Falater was found guilty. The experts came to the conclusion he wasn't sleepwalking.

"The only way that sleep experts think that violence can happen with a sleepwalker is that somebody physically confronts them, gets in their way."
    HAHA, I don't trust your Non CNN site ^^;; ...lol JK JK ~ I trust your link. CNN probably didn't update their info. But there was a similar case in the 80's and called the Ken Park's case...

"He drove 14 miles while asleep and murdered his mother in law and her husband then turned himself into the police and confessed what he did, but was asleep at the same time."

I can't find any legitimate links supporting this, but if you google it up, I'm sure you can find lame-0 offbeat Ken Parks case studies. I wanted to get an article on it, which I never did FIND...because I'm pretty sure Ken Parks wasn't proven guilty!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I took a Psych class at my school, there I knew that there are 4 stages for the sleep, and also the REM (Rapid eye movement) sleep stage. We did talk about sleepwalking, but I never heard of these types of cases. For me, it seems that these people had a motive, intention or a grudge to kill their corresponding victims. Then again, its just a one man's opinion. Nice topic, BTW.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    I can't find any legitimate links supporting this, but if you google it up, I'm sure you can find lame-0 offbeat Ken Parks case studies. I wanted to get an article on it, which I never did FIND...because I'm pretty sure Ken Parks wasn't proven guilty!
    That would be Kenneth Parks and I mention him on pg1. (google "Kenneth Parks + sleepwalking")

Yes, he was found not-guilty. It was Toronto in 1988. Enough people didn't believe him that it was all over the news in '92 when it was appealed all the way to the Canadian Surpreme court. Interestingly enough, the expert witnesses that got him off in '88 were the same ones that failed to get Scott Falater off in '99. The quote:"The only way that sleep experts think that violence can happen with a sleepwalker is that somebody physically confronts them, gets in their way." comes from one of them so it sounds to me like the parameters of what people do while sleepwalking had been tightened in the 11 interveining years.

There is a good chance that if Parks went on trial now he would be found guilty. You'll never see it though. He's had his day in court so to speak.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    That would be Kenneth Parks and I mention him on pg1. (google "Kenneth Parks + sleepwalking").

I mentioned Parks-Sleepwalking in my original post (thread-starter)...and I also mentioned that I couldn't find legitimate sites regarding his case when I tried googling him up.

Do you know of any?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

... my opinion on this whole sort?

Don't wake up a sleep walker, it's not worth trying to see if it's wrong or not.
    And even if it was wrong, I still wouldn't risk it...

unless he/she's doing something I don't want...
    ... then by then I would have found a weighted fishing net...
    ... just hope the whole "the shock will kill them" ain't true...

...I don't want to end up in a court case...

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah it is really hard to find any information because of the fact that it was 16 years ago and all so you have to go into advance surches but u can find it.
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast