Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sony's Ordered to Halt PS2 Sales

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks

Sony's Ordered to Halt PS2 Sales

O_O I guess there's going to be a big problem here soon.... earlier today, it was court ordered that Sony stopped importing PS2s, within the U.S. Why ?? They said it had something to do with the DualShock vibrating controllers O_o 'it vibrated when the game took action like firing a gun'. Well, it's no problem if you are really firing a gun in GTA though.... WTF IS THIS ABOUT !

I really hope this doesn't go down, the PS2 should be sold everywhere !!
    Here's the link from Yahoo! News. ---> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...m/tech_sony_dc

much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Newbie Lein Wizard may be famous one day Lein Wizard may be famous one day
    Thanks
    That's ridiculous. But as the article said, they'll still be able to sell in the U.S., just not on store shelves.

Also, as the article said, I doubt that Sony will stop selling PS2s. There's a lot of demand, and that all goes down to money.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Immersion sued Sony for stealing their dual shock technology and Sony lost.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Pretty ridiculous that they waited until now so that they can reap the most benefits in damages according to the high number of PS2's and PS1 Dual shock controllers that have been sold over the years.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah please read the whole article they have a stay to still sell ps2's ect however they have to pay a licensing fee to that company on everyone they sell during the stay until its settled in the appeal. Patent cases can take awhile so I'm wanting to say that company probably filed this years ago and it just got through the first ruling last year like the article said. Who knows though patent cases can be touchy so we'll see how it turns out. But no in the meantime you wont see any Playstations being yanked off shelves and not sold

I'd read about this yesterday but didn't mention it since technically its nothing really new its just that they are only now posting up info about it. And since really the decision on this is a year old you can see how slow it went. Now it'll be in appeals for more years so could be a long time before its settled

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    yeah please read the whole article they have a stay to still sell ps2's ect however they have to pay a licensing fee to that company on everyone they sell during the stay until its settled in the appeal. Patent cases can take awhile so I'm wanting to say that company probably filed this years ago and it just got through the first ruling last year like the article said. Who knows though patent cases can be touchy so we'll see how it turns out. But no in the meantime you wont see any Playstations being yanked off shelves and not sold
    But it IS going to cost them ALOT of money.
    Their only options are
    a) paying Immersion a Licensing fee and paying a small amount to Immersion for every dual shock sold.
    or
    b) Creating a new vibration technology (like Nintentdo)
    XBOX also stole the Immersion design but they paid a settlement to Immersion.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    XBOX also stole the Immersion design but they paid a settlement to Immersion.

For Microsquish that was probably akin to losing pocket change in the couch cushions.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Thanks
    Yeah, and because they didn't need to settle it in court it was a much smaller amount.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast