Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sony's Ordered to Halt PS2 Sales

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    lol, I should have known....

I read this article in the paper this morning and came here directly only to find it being discussed already.

My only question is whether Sony can afford the case? Is $90million and liscencing fee's a big deal for them?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    i find it really stupid, but that's where stealing gets u. so i say make them pay. i guarentee they ain't got the brain power to make their own vibro technology. sony has to deal with their own dumbass stunts.

this is totally off subject but i'm saying it anyways. raven, i reallly enjoy ur sig and avatar. lewis black is the ****in best.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    you'd be surprised, I've seen odder things happen in copyright cases. You might be surprised and see them end up coming out unscathed. It all depends on interpretations. My guess is they'll pay something, wether it'll be as large a chunk as this last ruling was we'll have to see. But honestly its not exactly something I'd care to keep up with over the years lol

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    for a company 90 million is a loss no matter how big it is, that means thats 90 million dollars in profit gone, every settlement affects quarterly earnings and gains that the company releases to stockholders and the FCC, meaning that if a company posts a negative gain in the market, the market goes down. The stock market is very elastic with earnings statements by company's

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Strange. i just hope they get everything sorted out cause my ps2 is damn near on life support and i may have to cop another one soon....

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    maybe immerson was waiting for Sony to make a really good profit off the system then sue for as much as possible. Sounds like smart thinking to me, probaly why they've waited so long. But to stop selling altogether just seems a bit extreme. Oh well, I'll all be staightened out eventually.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    So I guess this puts a halt on the PS3 being released as well seeing as it will be using the Dual Shock technlegy

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Strange. i just hope they get everything sorted out cause my ps2 is damn near on life support and i may have to cop another one soon....

HAHAA.. I feel ya there. I'm in the same position. Before I fixed it, I wouldn't play anything, now it plays DVD's and brand new PS2 DVD games. It seriously is on life support. No worries for me yet, within the month, I'm sure to snag one for myself. Good luck kiddo >_<
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast