Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sophistication in anime

Newbie Boom^^ may be famous one day Boom^^ may be famous one day Boom^^'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whitec
    sophistication? well something i dont really get is serial experiment lain, i have only seen the first vol on dvd. another would be Neon Genisis Evangelion.
    i have never seen one episode but that is a mind number from what i have heard.
    I have the first ten episodes of lain, and I was going to but the final three but-my dvd ordering problems are beside the point.

Anyway, to me, Lain at first is just like a puzzle being dumped out of its box and all of the pieces are scrambled and don't make any sense at all. But then as you go on your mind starts to fit pieces together and sometimes put pieces where they don't actually belong. I suppose there might be events that have nothing to do with the actual plot and act as red herring (sp?) events in a way to sort of mimic life- in our own lives not everything that happens contributes to whatever our current main focus may be (like a relationship or a family member on drugs).

"What is with that big ass sword?!"-Renji, Bleach
    "oooo em jeee!"

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    if you watch Neon Genesis Evangelion it will take you time to understand what is the whole thing about.!!!!

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i always thought Big O was a sophisticated anime, i liked it because it was differant to the whole battle bad guys they lose happy ending sortve thing.

Newbie VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like sophistication in anime. I think too much of the anime out there lacks it.

My Blog - It's Not Your Space - ym/aim: RaiserOfGales msn: RaiserOfGales @ hotmail.com

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think to much entertainment in general lacks it (sophistication or intelligence).

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    look dudes not every anime show is hard to understand.!!!

!!!!geez, porque vemos anime anyways!!!!

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    i for one thing fma is one of the most sophisticated anime out there.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    look dudes not every anime show is hard to understand.!!!

an anime that is sophisticated doesn't mean it's hard to understand
    it's just the story is more in-depth and more detailed than the others
    compared to anime like Pokemon and Digimon, the whole thing is more political or more emotional and more serious
    in a way, it's as sophisticated as Metal Gear Solid, Max Payne, and Final Fantasy (...story-wise...)
    and not as simple as Ape Escape (CATCH THE MONKEYS!!) or Pac-man (EAT ALL THE BALLS!!)
    get what I'm saying?

anyway...
    IMO, the most sophisticated of them all is probably Stand Alone Complex
    with s.e.Lain and Paranoia Agent at a tie for second place

smart anime = mystery/thriller

[-_-]
    I love my girlfriend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast