Thread: Soukyuu no Fafner

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks

Soukyuu no Fafner

I know someone around here besides me has watched all of Fafner. What did you think about it?

Things I thought Fafner did right:

1)The duality of the show was great. Having the characters fight, but making sure to show their civilian day to day lives. It was fun to watch the kids play volleyball. And the adult characters constantly talked about how everyone on the island had to live both a civilian and military life. I felt this concept was integrated well into the show.

2)The ending was great. Fafner struck me in a lot of ways as an Eva ripoff but the big long battle at the end did what Eva should have done. Everybody fights and the good guys clearly win.

3)Maaya Toumi is totally awesome. She was great outside of a Fafner and once in one flipped out into a badass.

Things Fafner did wrong:

1)The mechs and the Festum seemed a big Eva'ish.

2)Kazuki, main character, seemed a bit too generic. I never got a real idea about his personality. Soushi pissed me off too. He was often angsty or, at the beginning, just a cold dick.

3)The overtragicness was a bit much. Starting out with Hazama dying, then the guy who liked her going into a coma, finishing with Sakura going into a coma. I think they played the tragic element a bit too much sometimes.

And that's it.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks
    I only watched ep.1-13. I thought it was great.

Newbie RAve master may be famous one day RAve master may be famous one day RAve master's Avatar
    Thanks
    i just watch 1-5 it was realy cool amazing the grahapics was verygood
    The Strong Shall Live And The Weak Shall Die