Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sound problems

Newbie LeTombeCelui may be famous one day LeTombeCelui may be famous one day LeTombeCelui's Avatar
    Thanks

Sound problems

Ok so my computer is having a little problem with sound atm. I have gotten 2 new sounds cards and added in everything right and it still doesn't work I'm thinking it might be a problem with the motherboard or something. Anyone know what the problem might be? It's really confusing I have had sound cards die before but nothing that replacing them couldn't fix.

The Brightest Angel Falls
    So Here I am The Fallen One

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Re: Sound problems

Ah, I think that you might have fried the motherboard. Same thing happened with my old PC, screwed up the portion of the motherboard that has the soundcard and graphics card. I had to buy a new computer. I think It was static electricity that did the trick. Ended up spending 200 dollars on a new soundcard and AGP card just to find that its permanently screwed

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

These two soundcards, have you kept plugging them in the same slot (PCI I am assuming)? Try plugging into a different slot. Also do you have the drivers installed? Does your computer reconise that there is some kind of hardware in that slot?

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds like old age again Feli. I would also suggest changing PCI slots. move your modem up one then plut your sountcard into the one the modem was in. If it works that way. and the modem dosen't then yeah it will be a motherboard problem

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If the card doesn't show up in 'Detect New Hardware', try going into the motherboard 'BIOS' and look for the settings to re-detect PCI IRQ settings, and reboot. If this doesn't help, then it sounds more and more like a motherboard problem of some kind...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

If the card doesn't show up in 'Detect New Hardware', try going into the motherboard 'BIOS' and look for the settings to re-detect PCI IRQ settings, and reboot. If this doesn't help, then it sounds more and more like a motherboard problem of some kind...
    in non tech talk hit I think its F10 to access the motherboard Bios
    I think its dependingon who made your PC. it can very from different manufactures

Newbie LeTombeCelui may be famous one day LeTombeCelui may be famous one day LeTombeCelui's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I have tried everything requested and I'm currently saving for a new comp. The thing is if the sound card and the graphics card are what was fried on the motherboard how come my graphics card and such still work? O_o Bleh inner working of the comp confuses me.

The Brightest Angel Falls
    So Here I am The Fallen One

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

well, how do you KNOW that they were fried. Do you see black flame marks? Chances are that you are not dectecting your soundcard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast