Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sound Systems

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Sound Systems

Alright.. here's the deal, I've been wanting to get a surround sound system for my room, but I know next to nothing about them, I don't even know where to start. So here's where you guys come in. My budget is about $700US, and I want to know some of the things to look out for in getting a home sound system for my entertainment center, this is NOT for the PC.

Things I'm looking to know are mainly the basics, I wanna know if there are wireless systems, tech stuff about sound quality, looking out for dolby 5.1, that kinda stuff, like I said before, I'm hopeless with it, don't even know where to get started.

The one limitation I have is space, I'm looking for a powerful set, but it's gotta be a decent and reasonable size, no 3-foot speakers (which sadly... were roughly the size of my last sound systems) Any and all help I can get in starting up my search is appreciated.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sound Systems

Grumble Grumble Grumble

For compact quality sound systems, the two obvious website to check out are...

Cambridge Sound Works..
    http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...cgi?category=0

Bose...
    http://www.bose.com/
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

the only thing I know about it is if your room is a bit small you might put your speakers in potential risks of destroying one another

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

For compact quality sound systems, the two obvious website to check out are...

Bose...
    http://www.bose.com/

Yeah, about Bose...

I've had the chance to have a lengthy discussion with the guy who owns Bose (met him at a government-sponsored meeting) and his basic business philosophy is to get the best acoustics possible using the absolute cheapest materials available and charge the most for the equipment.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

so you would recommend us not buy from BOSE??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks

bose is crap. no joke.

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

My opinion on Bose is that they arn't bad speakers, but highly over rated.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm.. I guess I'll scratch Bose products off my list of potentials, I kinda felt their prices were a bit high to begin with anyway, thanks for the heads up on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast