Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Space Exploration now?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Space Exploration now?

NASA sees earliest manned moon landing in 2015
    LE BOURGET, France (Reuters) - The next mission to land a man on the moon will take place in 2015 at the earliest, the new chief of the United States' space program said on Monday, adding the mission could be followed by the construction of a multinational space station there.
    (full article)

NASA Selects New Spaceship Firms
    June 14, 2005— NASA chose two established aerospace contractors to begin designs for the next U.S. manned spacecraft, an effort that is gathering increasing scrutiny as the shuttle retirement deadline looms.
    Initially, the ship, which is called the Crew Exploration Vehicle, will transport astronauts to and from the space station. Ultimately, however, it is to become the base model of a vehicle that can go to the moon and other destinations.
    (full article)

So it finally starts. Life just might get really interesting over the next 20 or so years.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    I guess then, they would blast off from the moon and land on mars??

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    That would probably be more viable than leaving from the earth. Why not?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    If we can somehow extent the life of the astronaunt and the problem of losing bone mass it could mean that we can finally travel farther

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks
    The more important element for space travel is the production of food/oxygen and more efficient way of recycling/removal of wast without bring supplies from earth. If NASA or some other organization can't find a way to do this, space exploration will not happen. Especially if NASA wants to build a base on the moon and then travel to mars.

They will be able to land on the moon, but they will not be able to stay there for long. It is more likely they will have the first landing on the moon sometime near the end of 2020.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've read in my Science magazine that (after many NASA scientists criticized Bush's promises of going to Mars so early) some scientists say it would cost more ressources and be more difficult to make a break at the moon before continuing to Mars than going directly to Mars. I need to find that magazine somewhere.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ye, i think it'll happ within 20 years. THat' is if we don't have no world war.... and if we do will that make people strive to get to space faster to avoid war???
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    What we truly need to do is to improve our space shuttle first, if it can't even keep itself from falling apart forget going through space

we need to invent better technology so it would cost us less

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast