Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Spam Meter

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

The Spam Meter

This is just an suggestion for the staff. You guys know how we used to have this karma system, and in some other forums members have this warning meter. So I was wondering if the staff could install some sort of component into the board with something similar, but it's for spam.

But the spam meter is not for any members to use, it is only for the staff to use. I mean they are the only people who truly know what spam is in this forum right?? So with the meter they can add something like a spam-strike to any user they believed spam. Any person that gets two spam-strikes will get a temp ban, and then gets let back in within the same week, if they receive their third strike BAM you're gone for the month. Three more of those month-bans and youre out forever, so at least no one can say that this forum is cruel and didn't give them any chance.

NOTE: this thread was not created in response to the epidemic of spam-initis wave that hit AO...just thinking that we don't want to become like Major League Baseball and Steroids

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    are you crazy dude, this will affect us all. lol!!!!!!!!!!(i think)

PS; even you dude. lol

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well it'd be kind of pointless....either way the mods are still having the same amount of power and i mean you dont just forget who spammed and who didnt. So it wouldnt really help or change anything, it'd just be more of a hassle for everyone, even the mods themselves.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    ...just thinking that we don't want to become like Major League Baseball and Steroids
    I have never, ever used SPAM or any other post-enhancing drugs. I set all my forum records through diligence, hard work, proper training, and an unshakable faith in Jesus Christ.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    This is just an suggestion for the staff. You guys know how we used to have this karma system, and in some other forums members have this warning meter. So I was wondering if the staff could install some sort of component into the board with something similar, but it's for spam.
    Are y ou refering to the "Waring System" invision Power Board has? or a Rep system for members to give rep points to those who fallow the rules and bad rep points to the spammers?

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks
    He basically means the warning system i think. Where when you spam you get a warning, and after your warnings build up you get in actual trouble for it.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    well yes it is similar to the warning system, but instead of percentages you only get three strikes, and it is not a hassle at all for the mods...I mean what's more of a hassle keep closing threads or automatical temp ban by the board

besides that it can also help other members if we someone with those spam strikes we can skip through their posts to focus on more interest, and posts that answers the topic with though

on top of that if you did read what i wrote tallon, that spam "meter" is only for normals to see and only the staffs can make changes to it
    to answer katsuhito's question, no it doesnt give good points because hell you don't get an "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD" for future use for not breaking the law in the real world so it should be the same in the spam meter

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i kinda agree with pyoro one this one, i mean i know ive done a fair bit of spamming in my day...(good times)....anyway what i mean is there has tons of bogus threads started lately by noobs who just dont bother to read the rules.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast