Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Speed Reading

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Speed Reading

ok, there's quite a few people who speed reading nowadays. But is it healthy? It can be somewhat dangerous for people who have an eye condition. Is it effecient? Can speed reading help u in anyway? Is it real reading or just skiming the surface? I myself speed read and can remember most of what i read an still enjoy what i read.

But what is your opinion on speed reading, is it dangerous or just something that you find not practical?

Does speed reading cause eye defect's, what is your opinion?

can speed reading be efficent to you?
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    ok, there's quite a few people who speed reading nowadays. But is it healthy? It can be somewhat dangerous for people who have an eye condition. Is it effecient? Can speed reading help u in anyway? Is it real reading or just skiming the surface? I myself speed read and can remember most of what i read an still enjoy what i read.

But what is your opinion on speed reading, is it dangerous or just something that you find not practical?

Does speed reading cause eye defect's, what is your opinion?

can speed reading be efficent to you?
    Hmmm.....I dont think speed reading is unhealthy. It's a way of retaining information.

I myself speed read. Not all the time. But I think you should worry about staring at the computer 24/7 for the eye health. I now have to wear glasses. oO;;
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Speed reading don't really spoil your eyes, just that if you concentrate too much on reading, staring at computer for a long time will. Speed reading is nice for browsing for the whole idea, bad for detailed reading Best way to preserve vision is take intervals in reading
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Like others, I don't think speed reading will hurt your eyesight. The concentration may get to you tho. It's more the interval of time you concentrate on reading or the surroundings where you read. If you can speed read and it feels normal to you, i don't think it'll hinder you much. I personally wouldn't speed read for things like studying for finals and whatnot but merely for pleasure reading....but then again...if it's pleasure reading....wouldn't you want to slow down to reading normally? *Shurgs*

Definitely the computer will do more damage to you than a book ever will.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can read over 100 pages an hour, does that count?
    JK
    No I don't think speed reading is bad for your eyes. From what I have been told actual speed reading (as opposed to what I do) is just learning to skip the connecting words that don't really add meaning. It's just another way of thinking. My only concern is whether skimming something that quickly allows the meaning to sink in as opposed to just being able to reiterate facts. Sure it can help you on your tests but do you really learn?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yay! I'm here (finally) from the old Animeonline. Anyway, I think speed reading doesn't hurt any more than normal reading.
    This could be just me and my crazy ideas, but I thought speed reading was just where you skip the actual inside letters of words, so you just read the "outside" letters. I speed-read a lot, but the thing is that it got so natural I kind of forgot how it works... or maybe there're different methods?

Mybae smoe popele can udnestarnd tihs

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    wow so alot of people think that speed reading won't hurt ur eye's .
    lol, for me that was a opposite story i use to read non-stop, all day long i wear glasses now T-T o' we'll. Though i've slowed down alot, i can still speed read. I currently read at 856 words a min. i use to be better but the eye doctor told me too stop reading so much in dark rooms T-T; but it was ok in a well lit room. Prehaps lighting in the room has some'n to do with it?
    Last edited by jaderabbit; Dec 28, 2004 at 02:52 PM.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    wow so alot of people think that speed reading won't hurt ur eye's .
    lol, for me that was a opposite story i use to read non-stop, all day long i wear glasses now T-T o' we'll. Though i've slowed down alot, i can still speed read. I currently read at 856 words a min. i use to be better but the eye doctor told me too stop reading so much in dark rooms T-T; but it was ok in a well lit room. Prehaps lighting in the room has some'n to do with it?
    Lack of lighting definitely will do it, your eyes strain to see properly in the dark. Also reading at a bad angle (slouched on a desk, on your side on a bed or couch, etc. is bad since your eyes are at different angles and you might even end up with one bad eye and one good
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast