Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Speed Reading

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    To Mamimi: an item to put over your eyes? Umm... rose-colored glasses? See a perfect world? I have no idea.
    Haha, yeah... I have some idea... but it was a long time ago when I remember the thing you read 800 wpm with... I don't know >_<
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I think speed reading doesn't really help you to get into a book or to take in what ir written. It is a lot easier to read normally and take it in, and understand what it written.
    I don't think is's unhealthy but pointless. However, it is good if it's something you have to read for school/college/uni and what ever.

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

It all depends on what you define as 'Speed Reading' (my 'normal' reading speed back in High School was @300 WPM, and I could skim at about three times that speed) The important thing with any reading technique is retention. (What's the point in reading quickly if you don't remeber/understand the text???) Beware of many speed reading courses, as many of them are little more then lessons on how to turn the page quickly. The best thing to do is practice practice pratice with reading. (Back in High School, I practiced with the many Edger Rice Burrough's Tarzan novels, which I could finish in two to three hours of reading....)

It is a commen misconception that low lighting condition causes eye strain. (If you can read the text fine, then it's fine...) High lighting conditions can contribute to eye strain with excessive glare coming off a glossy book page...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can speed read, but i choose not to.....i enjoy savoring my books...not sprinting through them......

Newbie Discrete may be famous one day Discrete may be famous one day Discrete's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Say no to seed reading

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    ok, there's quite a few people who speed reading nowadays. But is it healthy? It can be somewhat dangerous for people who have an eye condition. Is it effecient? Can speed reading help u in anyway? Is it real reading or just skiming the surface? I myself speed read and can remember most of what i read an still enjoy what i read.

But what is your opinion on speed reading, is it dangerous or just something that you find not practical?

Does speed reading cause eye defect's, what is your opinion?

can speed reading be efficent to you?
    I don't "speed read" so i cant tell how efficent it is but as for my opinon I think speed reading is very bad and you sould stop it and if you can't stop it try something less harmful like maybe weed reading

Newbie wikiwu may be famous one day wikiwu may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I’ve been speed reading for a while, and have done several courses/read books etc, most are the same.

They work if you put in the effort, but some are complete rip-offs, if anyone’s thinking of doing speed reading they should check out:

www.readremember.co.uk

These guys don’t actually run a course or anything, they just share the info and set some pretty realistic expectations
    ==
    "If a picture is worth a thousand words, then why can't I draw during the exam Miss?"

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm... i learnt' on my own.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've tried speed reading once, then I learned I wasn't really good at it since I wasn't able to put what I'm reading in my head, but I guess speed reading can be helpful and I think I'll give it another shot in the near future. Still, I'd prefer taking my time in reading; it's more relaxing that way for me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast