Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: spelling

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

spelling

ok, i must say that my spelling and grammer is not always perfect, and i don't see a problem with this, or with other people's speling being slightly off. however what is starting to annoy me slightly is the text talk and such, not only cos i find it confusing at times but because the people who do it could at least try to spell. an example of what i mean is:

OMG u iz, da bst, wn cn we met?

you know, stuff like that, i would put more but it does really confuse me, i don't have a mobile phone so there's no reason for me to text talk.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: spelling

Ah so you think we should regulate how people type am I assuming correctly? Make a rule.

you can not talk in l337 Baby talk or shorthand?

Otaku slayer_cloner may be famous one day slayer_cloner may be famous one day slayer_cloner's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: spelling

[QUOTE=deaths_raver667]OMG u iz, da bst, wn cn we met?QUOTE]

? ? wht the, there should be a point to where to stop, but it should be allowed though.
    LMFAO ^_^

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually we, used to have where if most of the peopel here can't userstand it (leet speak) then it is considered spam.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sedka
    Actually we, used to have where if most of the peopel here can't userstand it (leet speak) then it is considered spam.
    And I for one miss that rule *tears*. It's not really the spelling that bothers me, as long as the person has made a decent attempt and you know what the word is. But I've found most highschool kids now a days type in shorthand ebonics gangsta homie talk, and it's really getting old. I don't know where they learned to type like that, but it's destroying our written language. I can't even hold a decent MSN conversation with anyone much younger than me anymore because I can't read what they are typing.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    And I for one miss that rule *tears*. It's not really the spelling that bothers me, as long as the person has made a decent attempt and you know what the word is. But I've found most highschool kids now a days type in shorthand ebonics gangsta homie talk, and it's really getting old. I don't know where they learned to type like that, but it's destroying our written language. I can't even hold a decent MSN conversation with anyone much younger than me anymore because I can't read what they are typing.
    I agree totally, this talk pisses me off. It is indeed destroying our language, and at the same time making the ppl typing it look like morons.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

i can understand a little of it, but i think there should be a limit on it, i don't mind people short handing stuff like ppl, i can get that, but there should be a limit.

and no i can't speak short or baby, i can do a little leet
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

It annoys me when it's used way too much, because then I get frustrated translating it into real english.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast