Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: spelling

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: spelling

If you truly can't read it, just skip the post. That's what I do, if I come along a terrible post, I tend just to ignore it. Is it so hard to ignore someone's horrible misspelled post? Why make up more rules and put stress on the mods, when you could just ignore their stupid crap? If you can't read it, chances are it wasn't worth reading anyway.

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason we had the rule in the past was because too many posts that had bad grammer and leet speak in it, even creating new threads that where very hard to understand. Therefore the rule was put in. Of course we allowed some short hand words but not too many, where the post can not be understood.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to fair to say I have not seen something this horrible in here, that first post was a bit overreacting and I have yet to see something like this

but yes I prefer a rule on correct spelling, but that means lol would have to be Laugh out loud and Ghost In The Shell should not be typed as GITS

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie DarkyVampire may be famous one day DarkyVampire may be famous one day DarkyVampire's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think the staff want to correct all of our english. Not all of us have a good command of english.Not all of us are english speaking people. Like me! I speak chinese most of the time... As for shorthand words you can warn the person if he/she over use it.

live like there is no tomorrow...

my gallery http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0&ppuser=13430

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

In the past, we did not correct all types of short hand words like "lol". But we did correct things like "u r leet" that should be spelled correctly. Pretty much as long as most of the words in each sentence is spelled correctly (95-97%) it was fine with us. Of course this was in the old AO.

In the past, pre-old AO, It was getting bad that we had to impement this rule. The other reason was that we wanted the community to be more...intellegent with the english language

Otaku slayer_cloner may be famous one day slayer_cloner may be famous one day slayer_cloner's Avatar
    Thanks

So we all pratically agreed that there should be a limit, theres no way of stopping it though. Oh well, we'll just get on them about it i guess?

lk geek lngge, du u ndrstnd?
    Last edited by slayer_cloner; Jun 25, 2005 at 03:24 AM.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slayer_cloner
    lk geek lngge, du u ndrstnd?
    "like Geek language, do you understand?"

yes i do, barely, and i happen to consider myself quite an enthusiastic geek. i just never chatted onine (only recently actually got an IM program) and never picked up more than the most basic of undestandings of the language.

so yes there should be a rule, or atleast an understanding, about shorthand languages.........

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Otaku slayer_cloner may be famous one day slayer_cloner may be famous one day slayer_cloner's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, you understood very good. like a dictionary to cmptr tlk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast