Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirited Away

Newbie oOLittleFairyOo may be famous one day oOLittleFairyOo may be famous one day oOLittleFairyOo's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Spirited Away

Are there any fans here of Spirited Away? i LOVE this movie and i'm very inspired by it. are there any other people who feel the same way or just like Miyazaki's style?

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Re: Spirited Away

I thought it was pretty interesting, although some aprts of it made me somewhat confused, overall i'd gite it a B+

mei
    Newbie mei may be famous one day mei may be famous one day mei's Avatar
    Thanks

Miyazaki's animations are very original and thoughtful... you can find a lot of deep statements as you're either smiling or crying... it's so innocent and cute and funny.. or really touching and sad... ah it's just so good isn't there a new film by him out in the theatres now? if anyone's seen it how does it compare to spirited away?

Newbie oOLittleFairyOo may be famous one day oOLittleFairyOo may be famous one day oOLittleFairyOo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mei
    isn't there a new film by him out in the theatres now? if anyone's seen it how does it compare to spirited away?
    ive heard that there was one coming out but i dont know what its called...does anyone know?
    Last edited by oOLittleFairyOo; Jun 30, 2005 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Newbie puku6 may be famous one day puku6 may be famous one day puku6's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!! Have you seen His other work.... Like kiki's delivery service, or castle in the sky? Or princess mononoke? I could go on forever!

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

i really like spirited away. but ive seen his most recent movie "Howels Moving Castle" its fantastic!!!

Spoilers ahead be warned!!!!

as in all of miasakis past films the two main characters (like chihiro and haku) or the the couple in the moive(like the heroen and th hero) never kiss. well i went to the screening of "Howles Moving Castle" and in this movie the couple kiss...not once....but twice!!!! i was so happy!

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Otaku Libitina may be famous one day Libitina may be famous one day Libitina's Avatar
    Thanks

I love it....Miyazaki is a great animation director....all his movies are so creative and fun....I want to see the next one....Howles Moving Castle....

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by mei
    isn't there a new film by him out in the theatres now? if anyone's seen it how does it compare to spirited away?
    The Movie is Howl's Moving Castle, which is discused in this thread located here...
    Howl's Moving Castle Clips & Trailers

Having seen the movie last week, IMHO it's in the same class as 'Spirited Away'. The story pacing, and it's sense of wonder, is very simular to 'Spirited Away'. But How's Moving Castle is also very much a 'retro' experiance in Miyazaki films, as I see alot of artistic design simularities in the cities with 'Laputa, Castle in the Sky'. The aircraft designs, and the animation of Howl's castle have alot in common with 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast